Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Can I work at Microsoft please?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    zoobar

Hello Microsoft,

I'm an indie game developer from England. Plus I find computer languages and AI very interesting. Are there any jobs going at microsoft or mircosoft research? Do you need a PHD to work at microsoft research?

thanks

Big Smile

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

http://www.microsoft.com/careers/

That tends to work better than a post on a forum.

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

Sven Groot said:

http://www.microsoft.com/careers/

That tends to work better than a post on a forum.

Also read http://microsoftjobsblog.com/blog/

• User profile image
    Charles

You can't get a job in MSR as a Researcher unless you have the proper credentials (PhD required). Of course, there are exceptions to this general rule, however you'd have to be extraordinarily advanced in terms of your knowledge in the domain within you conduct your research. As for general employment, follow the links provided in this thread. Do be aware that if you want to be an SDE at Microsoft, you must possess exceptional skills. College degrees in CS aren't enough...

Good luck!
    C

• User profile image
    vesuvius

Spend some time at Channel9.msdn.com as well. I don't know what it is, but quite a few niners of late have joined the mothership; dahat, littleguru, joechung, iontodrel (from memory) and a few others.

• User profile image
    Zeo

vesuvius said:

Spend some time at Channel9.msdn.com as well. I don't know what it is, but quite a few niners of late have joined the mothership; dahat, littleguru, joechung, iontodrel (from memory) and a few others.

Many of us niners...turned into blue badges...so if you're interested in learning about the whole process feel free to ping one of us. Good luck on your search!

• User profile image
    Charles

vesuvius said:

In fact, the list of Niners at Microsoft, defined as being a Niner before hired by MS, is something like this:

Erik Porter(C9 Dev Team)
    Nathan Heskew(C9 Dev Team)
    Brendan Grant
    Ion Todirel
    Jason Olson
    Jeremy Kelley
    Adam Kinney
    Paolo Marcucci
    Ian Ceicys

I'm sure there are more, but these are the folks I know of off the top of my head.

C

• User profile image
    blowdart

Charles said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*

In fact, the list of Niners at Microsoft, defined as being a Niner before hired by MS, is something like this:

Erik Porter(C9 Dev Team)
    Brendan Grant
    Ion Todirel
    Jason Olson
    Jeremy Kelley
    Adam Kinney
    Paolo Marcucci
    Ian Ceicys

I'm sure there are more, but these are the folks I know of off the top of my head.

C

and of course littleguru soon

• User profile image
    Charles

blowdart said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*

and of course littleguru soon

That's right!!! His name is Christian Liensberger. Smiley

C

• User profile image
    Charles

He starts in July, I believe.

C

• User profile image
    intelman

Charles said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*

Erik Porter(C9 Dev Team)
    Brendan Grant
    Ion Todirel
    Jason Olson
    Jeremy Kelley
    Adam Kinney
    Paolo Marcucci
    Ian Ceicys

C

I'm working on that. If the nice representatives ever advertise something other than software engineering. It seems that internships within the hardware division of Microsoft are not that popular or populus. Isn't Microsoft doing some in house chip design now?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.