Coffeehouse Thread

27 posts

Bing is Live

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    eagle

    I've been trying out Bing this morning


    Forrester Research has a blog post that's indistinguishable from the Bing Press Release.

    Interestingly enough I found that by searching - technology and market research - on Google you get one result and on Bing another, curious isn't it?

    http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/photos/paul/images/600027/original.aspx

     

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    You know, there are various other threads in the Coffeehouse covering that Bing is live. It's already 3:33pm here Tongue Out

  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

    littleguru said:

    You know, there are various other threads in the Coffeehouse covering that Bing is live. It's already 3:33pm here Tongue Out

    LG, Eagle uses C9 as a write-only medium. He doesn't read other posts.

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    TommyCarlier said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*

    LG, Eagle uses C9 as a write-only medium. He doesn't read other posts.

    Seems a little bit like that -- hehe

  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

    littleguru said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*

    Seems a little bit like that -- hehe

    And because his posts are usually about “old news” that has been discussed here before, not adding any value, I'm inclined to use the “Mark as Spam” function.

  • User profile image
    eagle

    TommyCarlier said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*

    And because his posts are usually about “old news” that has been discussed here before, not adding any value, I'm inclined to use the “Mark as Spam” function.

    Who has discussed the involevement of Forrester Research in the Bing launch?

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    eagle said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*

    Who has discussed the involevement of Forrester Research in the Bing launch?

    It would be nice if you could add that information to existing threads. Smiley

  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

    eagle said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*

    Who has discussed the involevement of Forrester Research in the Bing launch?

    Who cares about the involvement of Forrester Research in the Bing launch?

    And why would it be curious that different search engines give different results for the same query?

  • User profile image
    eagle

    littleguru said:
    eagle said:
    *snip*

    It would be nice if you could add that information to existing threads. Smiley

    To all of them?

    Why didn't you start a little tantrum when the second thread appeared?

    Today's thread about Bing DNS doesn't indicate that the site has gone Live.

     

  • User profile image
    eagle

    TommyCarlier said:
    eagle said:
    *snip*

    Who cares about the involvement of Forrester Research in the Bing launch?

    And why would it be curious that different search engines give different results for the same query?

    Gardner Research

  • User profile image
    eagle

    I've receaved a few messages telling me if your using Windows 7 anywhere in the world you can access Bing now

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    eagle said:

    I've receaved a few messages telling me if your using Windows 7 anywhere in the world you can access Bing now

    WTF does it have to do with Windows 7? *rolling eyes*

  • User profile image
    eagle

    blowdart said:
    eagle said:
    *snip*

    WTF does it have to do with Windows 7? *rolling eyes*

    IE 8

  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

    eagle said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

    IE 8

    IE 8? What are you talking about? IE 8 ≠ Windows 7.

    I'm running IE 8 on my Vista-machine at home and on my XP-machine at work.

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    I also get Bing in XP Mode in IE6...

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    eagle said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

    IE 8

    golf clap. So?

    And gosh you can get it in Firefox too.

    Are you just posting to hear yourself talk again?

  • User profile image
    eagle

    TommyCarlier said:
    eagle said:
    *snip*

    IE 8? What are you talking about? IE 8 ≠ Windows 7.

    I'm running IE 8 on my Vista-machine at home and on my XP-machine at work.

    Can't believe you haven't upgraded to Windows 7

  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

    eagle said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*

    Can't believe you haven't upgraded to Windows 7

    Maybe it's because I don't need it? Maybe because it's not final yet?

    Why should I upgrade? You tell me.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.