Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Is PDC 2009 Cancelled??

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    comparin

I heard PDC was announced for Nov 17-20 right after last year's PDC, but not have heard any official information about it since.  Does anyone know FOR SURE whether PDC 2009 is on or not?    A lot companies need to determine their training budgets in this tight economy and it would nice to know if this event will take place as scheduled or not.   I have been told to subscribe to the PDC 2009 mailing list and have done so for six months but have never received a single email.

• User profile image
    CKurt
  • User profile image
    Harlequin

CKurt said:

Hopefully C9 will do an interview with Mike Swanson soon, he's probably in charge of things again.

• User profile image
    hchwa

Mcrosoft has a twitter page: http://twitter.com/PDC09 and the date for the PDC was from update (Pre-Conference session on the 16th).  Since they looking for feedback, I think PDC09 is probably on.  Hopefully new detail on the conference will come out soon so I make decision and get funding for the conference.

• User profile image
    hchwa

Microsoft has a twitter page: http://twitter.com/PDC09.  Conference date has been updated there; Oct 16 will be for pre-conference sessions.  Since MS was seeking feedbacks, I think PDC09 is likely to go on as schduled.  I just hope the detail for registration is avaliable soon so I can make decision on attending and get necessary funding.... 

• User profile image
    Charles

PDC 09 is not cancelled. In fact, we are all pretty busy planning it right now... It's going to be a great event. Stay tuned for more details and of course Jennifer and Mike will spin up another Countdown series.

C

• User profile image
    figuerres

Charles said:

PDC 09 is not cancelled. In fact, we are all pretty busy planning it right now... It's going to be a great event. Stay tuned for more details and of course Jennifer and Mike will spin up another Countdown series.

C

Yeah i sent en email this am asking someone else about the events to happen this fall, we have VS 2010, .Net 4.0 and SIlverlight 3.0 plus WIn 7 and whatever else is ready around October -ish....

seems like it's time to plan the parties and all that good stuff... Smiley

• User profile image
    Charles

figuerres said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*

Yeah i sent en email this am asking someone else about the events to happen this fall, we have VS 2010, .Net 4.0 and SIlverlight 3.0 plus WIn 7 and whatever else is ready around October -ish....

There's much more than parties. Stay tuned.

C

• User profile image
    CKurt

figuerres said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*

Stuff like, the Beta of The Live Framework, Windows Azure and Mesh CTP being combined with Mesh ?
    Stuff like Windows Mobile 7?

• User profile image
    Harlequin

CKurt said:
    figuerres said:
    *snip*

Stuff like, the Beta of The Live Framework, Windows Azure and Mesh CTP being combined with Mesh ?
    Stuff like Windows Mobile 7?

Hopefully stuff like a PDC2009 bag. Since they didn't have them at the PDC2008 Smiley

• User profile image
    May28th2018

Harlequin said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*

Hopefully stuff like a PDC2009 bag. Since they didn't have them at the PDC2008 Smiley

Google gave out a free G2 Magic phone to each visitor at I/O this year, along with a banquet and free unlimited refill alcohol bar for all. At 10 times the cost of I/O admission, you may be out of luck hoping for that Microsoft branded bag.

• User profile image
    mswanson

PDC09 is happening, and I just blogged about the places you can plug-in: http://blogs.msdn.com/mswanson/archive/2009/06/19/pdc09.aspx. As Charles mentions, Jennifer and I will start-up our "Countdown to PDC" show sometime around the time the conference site opens (early August). Sign-up for the e-mail list and join the Twitter conversation, and you'll be one of the first to know what's going on.

• User profile image
    rhm

May28th2018 said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*

Google gave out a free G2 Magic phone to each visitor at I/O this year, along with a banquet and free unlimited refill alcohol bar for all. At 10 times the cost of I/O admission, you may be out of luck hoping for that Microsoft branded bag.

Joel Spolsky estimates that PDC costs Microsoft around $5000 per attendee and as such they spend a lot on it already. Google must effectively write off the cost of putting on I/O and only charges a token fee for tickets in order to filter the attendees.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.