Coffeehouse Thread

33 posts

Stickers on computers: Y / N  ?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

I wonder if apple puts stickers on it's computers:  powered by intel, OSX, Designed by Apple

..not sure but i think not.  I am going to remove those energy star / windows and intel stickers - stuck on my kiosk (carefully!)

what's youre take on pc stickers - harmless? stupid?

• User profile image
    Cupiditas

Irritating. They never come off properly, either, they just leave this great horrible sticky mark. At least my Vostro only has Intel and Vista stickers. My last laptop had an enormous sticker curtesy of AMD. That made a mess.

• User profile image
    jamie

Cupiditas said:

Irritating. They never come off properly, either, they just leave this great horrible sticky mark. At least my Vostro only has Intel and Vista stickers. My last laptop had an enormous sticker curtesy of AMD. That made a mess.

i agree - plus i build my own machines at wintel - and they always put this cheesy Wintel computers sticker on the case (as there is a space for this)

but its an ugly logo and a horrendously sticky - sticker!

death to stickies! Wink

• User profile image
    ManipUni

Get some WD-40, put it on a paper towel, put it on top of the sticker and allow the sticker to soak up the oil. Then the sticker will just slide right off. Remove any excess oil with a dry towel. If you have any left over glue then use rubbing alcohol.

PS - I personally like the Intel Inside and eStar stickers. I hate most others though.

edit: I do not accept any liability or damages for anyone who squirts WD-40 into their laptop (or allows an oversaturated paper towel to drip). Less is more people, less is more!

• User profile image
    jamie

ManipUni said:

Get some WD-40, put it on a paper towel, put it on top of the sticker and allow the sticker to soak up the oil. Then the sticker will just slide right off. Remove any excess oil with a dry towel. If you have any left over glue then use rubbing alcohol.

PS - I personally like the Intel Inside and eStar stickers. I hate most others though.

edit: I do not accept any liability or damages for anyone who squirts WD-40 into their laptop (or allows an oversaturated paper towel to drip). Less is more people, less is more!

ya but when you walk up to a bank kiosk - it doesnt advertise what its powered by (especially with stickers!)

and the energy star = s**t paper sticker - glue everywhere... Tongue Out

• User profile image
    ManipUni

jamie said:
    ManipUni said:
    *snip*

ya but when you walk up to a bank kiosk - it doesnt advertise what its powered by (especially with stickers!)

and the energy star = s**t paper sticker - glue everywhere... Tongue Out

You should just press the paper towel straight down over the sticker, the WD-40 will get under it, and after some time you should just be able to slide the sticker off in one go. Some glue will remain but that is where the rubbing alcohol comes in Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

ManipUni said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

You should just press the paper towel straight down over the sticker, the WD-40 will get under it, and after some time you should just be able to slide the sticker off in one go. Some glue will remain but that is where the rubbing alcohol comes in Smiley

haha - ya i should have read that FIRST

* as a musician - i love stickers - band stickers ... for computer case and guitar cases..

but i hate these little -metal - sticky - stickers!  arg!

edit: BAD sticker:

Generic Forum Image

GOOD sticker:

Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    VB Man

No, they do not. The stickers all on the palmrests of PCs looks so cheap. Apple sticks to the highest quality. 

• User profile image
    andokai

VB Man said:

No, they do not. The stickers all on the palmrests of PCs looks so cheap. Apple sticks to the highest quality. 

Nice pun.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

Y

• User profile image
    AndyC

I'm definitely not a fan of stickers on PCs. I can just about live with the small Windows/Intel ones (though I'd rather they weren't there to be honest - I already bought the machine, it's too late to advertise it too me).

What I really can't understand is the people who leave the massive and easy to peel off specification stickers on their laptop. Tha's just bizarre.

• User profile image
    Bas

AndyC said:

I'm definitely not a fan of stickers on PCs. I can just about live with the small Windows/Intel ones (though I'd rather they weren't there to be honest - I already bought the machine, it's too late to advertise it too me).

What I really can't understand is the people who leave the massive and easy to peel off specification stickers on their laptop. Tha's just bizarre.

Perhaps some people just don't care that there's a sticker there?

• User profile image
    zian

I like them if they're perfectly straight and look metal-ly, like the Intel ones. The Windows Vista Basic sticker looks awful.

• User profile image
    AndyC

Bas said:
    AndyC said:
    *snip*

Perhaps some people just don't care that there's a sticker there?

They probably don't. But they look ugly and usually have one of those dangling pull things to make it obvious that you're intended to remove it. It bugs me. So do people who leave that bit of transparent packing plastic on there phone screens. It shouldn't bother me, it just does. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

AndyC said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*

They probably don't. But they look ugly and usually have one of those dangling pull things to make it obvious that you're intended to remove it. It bugs me. So do people who leave that bit of transparent packing plastic on there phone screens. It shouldn't bother me, it just does. Tongue Out

hey Jamie, you should design a sticker "I'm to cool for stickers" and stick it on your machine Smiley

• User profile image
    Koogle

I take off ugly looking stickers, decent looking stickers I leave on so long as they are out of the way and not distracting..  really they are very harmless those stickers jamie

"It bugs me. So do people who leave that bit of transparent packing plastic on there phone screens."

and mp3 players etc.. yeah I don't understand those people who leave them stickers on.. suppesedly to stop scratches.. while they're using a screen with with little air pockets and less clearness to view the actual screen. me I rip that sucker off and just take good care of the screen from scratches.

How is this a GOOD sticker?? it looks like a creased mess..

Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    WillemM

Nope, don't have stickers on my imac. My PC on the other hand doesn't have them either.

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

WillemM said:

Nope, don't have stickers on my imac. My PC on the other hand doesn't have them either.

You have an imac in one hand and a PC in the other hand? In India, it is customary to use the imac hand when, nevermind...

Stick 'em where appropriate, I say, and I'm still looking for that Chevy with "Intel Inside" stickers covering it entirely.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.