Coffeehouse Thread

45 posts

Why Firefox is more secure than IE

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    julianbenja​min

You should change your thread title to "Why Firefox was more secure than IE in 2006".  And then beat yourself repeatedly.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

julianbenjamin said:

You should change your thread title to "Why Firefox was more secure than IE in 2006".  And then beat yourself repeatedly.

Spam button boys and girls....give it a whack. Keep Beernutz off the site Smiley

• User profile image
    phreaks

You have nothing better to do than troll an MS site flaming it's products?

I feel bad for you man.

Here, this ought to keep you occupied for a while...

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&rlz=1T4GZEZ_en-GBUS286US287&q=adam+lambert&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=j_oySu6NOpHcMJDN5JQK&sa=X&oi=news_group&resnum=1&ct=title

• User profile image
    kettch

Bass said:

I don't think you'll find many people here who will feverishly defend IE, even here. If you really want to be successful in trolling efforts, you should have started a topic "Windows sucks" (especially "Windows 7 sucks"), or possible worse: ".NET sucks". Maybe next time.

Well, I like IE and I use it instead of Firefox but that's not why I would defend it so strongly. I have the bad habit of viciously arguing a point simply because the other person annoys me.

Oh, and Firefox is FAIL until they implement Shift+Enter for their URL box. I can't live without it.

• User profile image
    vesuvius

TROLL

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

kettch said:
    Bass said:
    *snip*

Well, I like IE and I use it instead of Firefox but that's not why I would defend it so strongly. I have the bad habit of viciously arguing a point simply because the other person annoys me.

Oh, and Firefox is FAIL until they implement Shift+Enter for their URL box. I can't live without it.

What exactly does Shift+Enter do?  On IE8/Win7, it doensn't seem to do anything (well, it loads the page, but it doesn't do anything special).

• User profile image
    Refrax

CannotResolveSymbol said:
    kettch said:
    *snip*

What exactly does Shift+Enter do?  On IE8/Win7, it doensn't seem to do anything (well, it loads the page, but it doesn't do anything special).

start typing an address in the address bar, the first option will be a shift+enter. so if you types http://www.microsoft.com before and go to it alot try to type just "mic" and see the first option. to get here i just type "c" and then shift+enter. "h" to get to hotmail (i still use the old address).

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Refrax said:
    CannotResolveSymbol said:
    *snip*

start typing an address in the address bar, the first option will be a shift+enter. so if you types http://www.microsoft.com before and go to it alot try to type just "mic" and see the first option. to get here i just type "c" and then shift+enter. "h" to get to hotmail (i still use the old address).

Ah, I see.

I use Tab, Enter for the same effect in Firefox.

• User profile image
    punkouter

Ubuntu said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*

Bass was kind enough to answer that one for me.

i don't think this 'discussion' of who's doing what first is beneficial nor constructive or even worth the discussion altogether. innovations are built on other innovations. people compete on bringing the same feature so that they don't lose to other products. they create better features to establish strong points. its a natural thing to integrate new features to products eventhough they are based on the same ideas. ff, ie, safari, they all competing each other on performance, security, ease of use, etc.

i myself doesnt really care of whose doing what first, in the end its the users who decide on what to use. i use ie mainly because i trust its security policy and features is better. i could be wrong there, but thats how i feel. i use firefox if ie fails, eg: i cant get some site to work. if it still fails on ff, then i know that the site is broken.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.