Coffeehouse Thread

176 posts

Help Design my Team's Logo - Chance to Win VS 2005 Free

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jledgard

I just posted this to my blog, but I've seen such great "Photoshoped Creativity" here in the Channel9 forums that I just had to cross post...

I'd like you to help us design the logo for the new team that Mark, Marie, Scott, and I are now a part of.  If our team chooses one of your logo designs than I'll reward you with a free copy of Visual Studio 2005 when we ship.  Currently the contest is open until the end of day next Friday, the 25th of March. You will also be competing against designs being drafted by internal team members. 

Here is some additional information for inspiration:

Team Name:
    "Developer Division Customer Product Lifecycle Experience Team"

Current Vision:
    "Helping Developer Division create positive customer experiences throughout the product life cycle"

Temporary Logo

Ways to submit an entry

I'll see if I can't post all the entries I get so you can see your competition.  I bet I can also get a bunch of the C9 foam guys for anyone who submits an entry. Photoshop On!

Updates: I've added a lot of information to my blog post. You should check it out. Most importantly I wanted to clarify that this logo would be for my teams internal use only and would not be redistributed with the product.  I'm also extending the date to submit entries to next Friday (the 25th) so there is less of a rush.

• User profile image
    Rossj

I would have thought  Jamie would have sorted you out by now, it's been at least 19 minutes.

• User profile image
    jledgard

Sorted me out for?

• User profile image
    littleguru

jledgard wrote:
    Team Name: "Developer Division Customer Product Lifecycle Experience Team"

How did you come up with this name? It's terrible long.

Jamie is at the forums right now!!! I guess in a few minutes we have a first draft...

• User profile image
    jledgard

I, unfortunately, will have to pass the buck to our team leaders on that one.  When I saw it... if I had to guess... a dartboard with some customer focused buzz words.  Wait! they missed "Focused"! Smiley

• User profile image
    Minh

OK, don't laugh, this is a REALLY rough draft ... will clean up if have time later

• User profile image
    Cider

heh, its that Japanese gameshow from The Simpsons:

Super Happy Developer Division Customer Family Product Lifecycle Wish Team

(your team vision is shorter than your team name!)

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Been screwing around a bit. That's an early WIP. Need to offset things some more until they look perfectly aligned.

Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    jamie

that looks great

* theres no hydro in half of the house - i do have internet and laptop - but its f-ffreezing
    waiting for service call

• User profile image
    Steve411

Can I get that copy anyhow? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

There, I think that's it... Simple things are the best things.

Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Everybody knows who will win, even if he doesn't enter the contest. Just give the price to Jamie.

• User profile image
    littleguru

ZippyV wrote:
    Everybody knows who will win, even if he doesn't enter the contest. Just give the price to Jamie.

Haha! That's also my suggestion. He should get some award for posting all this cool stuff in c9.

I like the logo designed by Tom Servo. Very nice work.

• User profile image
    Rossj

jledgard wrote:
    Sorted me out for?

Sorry brit-ism, with many meanings Smiley I mean I would have thought Jamie would have posted a half dozen designs by now.  I am sure as soon as his heating is fixed he'll be on the case.

• User profile image
    Steve411

Rossj wrote:
    jledgard wrote: Sorted me out for?

Sorry brit-ism, with many meanings I mean I would have thought Jamie would have posted a half dozen designs by now.  I am sure as soon as his heating is fixed he'll be on the case.

He probably has the draft all figured out on a piece of paper scanned and probably working on final already lol

• User profile image
    Rossj

Steve411 wrote:
    Rossj wrote:
    jledgard wrote: Sorted me out for?

Sorry brit-ism, with many meanings I mean I would have thought Jamie would have posted a half dozen designs by now.  I am sure as soon as his heating is fixed he'll be on the case.

He probably has the draft all figured out on a piece of paper scanned and probably working on final already lol

.. but you know he'll have a butterfly in there somewhere (j/k Jamie).

• User profile image
    Steve411

hahaha

• User profile image
    Stitch 2.0

undefined

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.