Coffeehouse Thread

18 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Hello? Wiki, The C9 crew, anyone?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Loadsgood

Ok first off, why don't the C9 crew actually post things, like replies and stuff( I mean in the coffehouse), I have seen a few but some of you guys haven't even read posts (I know because its in your bio) so come on Channel 9 team enjoy what you have created and get in on the excitement Smiley PS - Could a new feature be some smileys? I am bored of Smiley

And secondly do any of you "C9 posters" actually use Wiki? I don't. I used it once when I first came on and haven't used it since...

• User profile image
    Charles

I post quite often... As for the Wiki, it's got a fair amount of content at this point. Check it out and take part!

Keep on posting,

Charles

• User profile image
    jamie

haha..LoadsGood - you're my fav. poster on channel 9 Wink

BTW

He's right!

• User profile image
    jamie

true - charles posts alot...

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Thanks Jamie. I am also my favourite poster.LOL

Hey Charles, why are you in "The Crew" and an "Online User"? You don't really need to be an "Online user" Because an "Online user" is someone who is not from the crew or at least should be...

• User profile image
    Charles

Loadsgood,

The Crew is a currently-incomplete collection of Microsoft folks that are part of the Channel 9 extended team or video interviewees. Online Users is the collection of members currently logged into the site. Crew members can therefore also be Online Users. I'm not so sure how useful The Crew is. The feedback seems to be: get rid of it.

Keep on posting,

Charles

• User profile image
    jamie

NO! - dont get rid of it.. just make it collapsable.
    ( also put users above Crew)

There are things on channel 9 that really are ADVANCING the state of web portals...

then again...  there are some simple things that got ignored.. ( 2 weeks of error messages when posting for example)

apart from that - lets all focus on the REAL WORLD innovative things C9 is in FACT doing

im loving the fly by the seat of your pants style at channel 9 - but am perplexed why a few standard portal practices have not been followed..  i guess we shall see.

• User profile image
    jamie

clicks edit:

umm now

ie6/sp2/xppro

• User profile image
    Charles

"2 weeks of error messages when posting for example"

Hmm. Is this happening again? When did you last encounter an error while posting?

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

I can't put on posts to jamie's game$ people pay - msn 6.2 I want to but when I push post it just brings up the same Reply to an existing message page rather than the page with my newly posted reply on it

• User profile image
    lars

Have you tried removing all formatting? It won't allow me to post with text in bold. Removing all formatting does the trick for me.

It's sometimes useful to be able to see who works for Microsoft, and that is how the Crew box is useful to me. It would be better if there were another way to see it in the threads.

And kudos to Charles for taking such an active part in the discussions. I like your posts alot!

/Lars.

• User profile image
    Joe Average

jamie wrote:
    I agree with Jamie. Though I wouldn't make it collapsable for accessibility reasons, but make it tekst links. With a possible onMouseover="showNameAndAvatar()" that binds a small movable div to the mouse. Smiley This also saves bandwidth for those on slow/mobile connections.

• User profile image
    lenn

We are here Bro ... just hard to keep up with all of the many conversations you guys start up while trying to keep the site humming. Personally, I haven't quite best figured out how to Wiki, agree with you on that.

• User profile image
    lenn

jamie wrote:
    Joe Average wrote:
    I agree with Jamie. Though I wouldn't make it collapsable for accessibility reasons, but make it tekst links. With a possible onMouseover="showNameAndAvatar()" that binds a small movable div to the mouse. Smiley This also saves bandwidth for those on slow/mobile connections.

Yup, this is something we have been thinking about quite a bit. Will have a solution in a future design update.

• User profile image
    GooberDLX

Best.Thread.Ever

Not really, but it does have interesting points.. My question is.. What is the purpose of a Wiki when you have a searchable forum? Are they not accomplishing the same thing... archival of dynamic user controlled content?

Second, the collapsable "crew" page, thats cool and all, I personal don't mind, but I do say that I tend to check the Online Users panel and click on funky pictures..

I see a few of C9 people posting, usually lenn, charles, scobleizer, and jeffsand.. but where ARE the rest?

I want to see Xbox Live Gamertag be a part of the profiles..

I would also like to see the Moblog updated with more stuff.. We know you dont work the entire time you're in the compound Wink

Just my $0.02, though there are tons of threads about what Channel 9 could be.. I chose here
    Jake

• User profile image
    jonathanh

Loadsgood wrote:
    Ok first off, why don't the C9 crew actually post things, like replies and stuff( I mean in the coffehouse), I have seen a few but some of you guys haven't even read posts (I know because its in your bio) so come on Channel 9 team enjoy what you have created and get in on the excitement Smiley PS - Could a new feature be some smileys? I am bored of Smiley

And secondly do any of you "C9 posters" actually use Wiki? I don't. I used it once when I first came on and haven't used it since...

Ahhhh, someone who wants to see more Microsofties, smileys, and wikis should appreciate all the effort I put into wiki table-bashing on the WikiEmoticons page Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

jonathanh:  I AGREE!

i requested that elsewhere - for these forums..
    I noticed they worked in the wiki - thats great!

i can only say - let's havem everywhere!

(y) (b)

• User profile image
    lenn

Got the message guys, adding it to the list for a future release.  Will talk to Bryn about it in the morning.

As far as Microsofties posting, well there are 400 or so Microsoft people registered on the site, I see them posting all over the place. However, you are right, though the more the merrier.  We have some work to do to get the word out about Channel 9 inside of Microsoft and are actively working on this. 

We launched Channel 9 3 weeks ago today and did it with no marketing internally or externally.  Like I have said from the beginning, it is an experiment. We are working hard to bring more and more of our co-horts to the site. More of you found the site quicker than we did.  Keep the faith and keep posting. 

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.