Coffeehouse Thread

47 posts

Revolution 9: Apply for editor upgrade?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • jamie

Default editor - does not allow very much (because people might abuse it)

But if you have posted on 9 for over 6 months ... perhaps you could "apply" for an editor upgrade to your account.

Specifically - all embeds, iframes, and html /table w/images pasting works again.

?

*sign me up!

edit: fonts...colours...sizes...  sheesh!

edit: bgsound... Wink

edit 2: as there is no new forum for revolution 9 ..initiative... then posting ideas for c9rev - in coffeehouse is ok.  Tongue Out

*just title post revolution 9: ______

• matthews

What's to stop a user who's been around for 6 months, even one who's gained credibility, from having malicious intent?

• jamie

matthews said:

What's to stop a user who's been around for 6 months, even one who's gained credibility, from having malicious intent?

mwa ah ah....

edit: its just an editor...maybe a thread gets borked and pulled.  end of those privillages

• blowdart

And here we go again, Jamie's ideas are too important for the feedback forum. You wouldn't use a specific rev forum anyway.

• ManipUni

I come to the C9 forums with the assumption that all JavaScript content originates from C9's servers. I would hate for that assumption to be incorrect, especially since C9 cannot be NoScript-ed, being an entirely "web 2.0" site and all. Smiley

• jamie

blowdart said:

And here we go again, Jamie's ideas are too important for the feedback forum. You wouldn't use a specific rev forum anyway.

can you please just ignore anything i post from now on? thanks

i really do not wish to talk to you anymore at ALL

*also - didnt you read that i already wrote my blowhard disclaimer above - about there being no rev9 forum ..yet.

• blowdart

jamie said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

can you please just ignore anything i post from now on? thanks

i really do not wish to talk to you anymore at ALL

*also - didnt you read that i already wrote my blowhard disclaimer above - about there being no rev9 forum ..yet.

Don't post your feedback demands in the coffehouse but instead use the feedback forum and I won't.

Your disclaimer is just another justification for you trying to push your change agenda in everyone's face; there's no real reason you couldn't use the feedback forum for it at all.

• jamie

blowdart said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

Don't post your feedback demands in the coffehouse but instead use the feedback forum and I won't.

Your disclaimer is just another justification for you trying to push your change agenda in everyone's face; there's no real reason you couldn't use the feedback forum for it at all.

• blowdart

jamie said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

Ah finally you understand, you won't listen to anyone, you don't see how selfish you're being, now if only you could be like the third monkey.

• jamie

blowdart said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

Ah finally you understand, you won't listen to anyone, you don't see how selfish you're being, now if only you could be like the third monkey.

yes i understand. i bow to your superior logic.

now please just scurry away.

• blowdart

jamie said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

yes i understand. i bow to your superior logic.

now please just scurry away.

Nope. You post in my face like this and you will get this response. Want it to stop? Want me not to respond? Then use the feedback forum.

• jamie

blowdart said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

Nope. You post in my face like this and you will get this response. Want it to stop? Want me not to respond? Then use the feedback forum.

boy you must be lonely.

*i know if someone asked me to ignore their posts - i would.

ps - even if there was a rev9 forum - i doubt id use it.

you can though

* i always post in the COFFEEHOUSE

• staceyw

Agree, but I would now rather see xaml pad to post SL content.  much more cooler Smiley

• jamie

staceyw said:

Agree, but I would now rather see xaml pad to post SL content.  much more cooler Smiley

gasp! a real reply!  ..uh sure sounds good!  (huh?) Wink

* ah - SL = silverlight... got it

• Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

jamie said:
    staceyw said:
    *snip*

gasp! a real reply!  ..uh sure sounds good!  (huh?) Wink

* ah - SL = silverlight... got it

Skip the embeds and iframes and I'd support it.  Given the way holes in this site are often exploited by long-time "trusted" members, I wouldn't trust anyone here with arbitrary executable content, though (which is essentially what embeds and iframes would allow).

• Sven Groot

Disagreed. I don't want to look at anything like that when reading a technical forum (which this is). I'll give you a few of them (tables wouldn't hurt and can be genuinely useful) but the rest of it, no.

And I agree 100% with blowdart: post this kind of stuff in the Feedback forum, or be prepared to deal with people calling you out on it. And if you don't want to talk to blowdart, why don't you ignore his posts instead?

• jamie

Sven Groot said:

Disagreed. I don't want to look at anything like that when reading a technical forum (which this is). I'll give you a few of them (tables wouldn't hurt and can be genuinely useful) but the rest of it, no.

And I agree 100% with blowdart: post this kind of stuff in the Feedback forum, or be prepared to deal with people calling you out on it. And if you don't want to talk to blowdart, why don't you ignore his posts instead?

there IS no feedback forum for the new initiative yet.

when there IS one - then you can chide me for not using it.

ps - the feedback forum is for THIS site - not the new site

• Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

jamie said:
    Sven Groot said:
    *snip*

there IS no feedback forum for the new initiative yet.

when there IS one - then you can chide me for not using it.

ps - the feedback forum is for THIS site - not the new site

This site is the new site.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.