Coffeehouse Thread

17 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

UK Niner get together!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

I thought it'd be quite a good idea if Tensor organised a geek dinner for the niners in the UK (and possibly Europe).  Would anyone actually go*?

* I could provide some transport from NW.

• User profile image
    Arran

Would def put my name down.

You hear on loads of blogs about all these get togethers over in the US but very rare you hear about ones over here in the good old UK.

• User profile image
    Tensor

Rossj wrote:
    I thought it'd be quite a good idea if Tensor organised a geek dinner for the niners in the UK (and possibly Europe).  Would anyone actually go*?

Exsqueeze me? So - you think its a good idea to have one, but you think its a good idea if I organised it?

Im not sure if I should be honoured, or slightly afraid.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Tensor wrote:
    Rossj wrote:I thought it'd be quite a good idea if Tensor organised a geek dinner for the niners in the UK (and possibly Europe).  Would anyone actually go*?

Exsqueeze me? So - you think its a good idea to have one, but you think its a good idea if I organised it?

Im not sure if I should be honoured, or slightly afraid.

I couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, so I thought I'd see if you would volunteer as one of the most prominent UK posters Smiley

• User profile image
    Sabot

Guys,

I would ****Love**** to help organise a venue of 9'ers UK/Europe meet in London.

I'm sure I can organise an inexpensive venue were you can wear jeans and drink beer by the River or in the West-End.

How-a-bout some dates in April/May

As for hotels and stuff, I'm not loaded, but London has loads.

Need to know numbers ... so only confirm if your are serious!

Dave

• User profile image
    Arran

Don't know how many people you would have to get to persuade a hotel to give a small discount...worth a try once you get a few numbers. 

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I'm there if you pay the plane ticket. Smiley

I could organize a Dutch Niner meeting. It'd be easy to do as there'd just be the one of me. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Count me in Smiley

• User profile image
    Rossj

Sven Groot wrote:
    I'm there if you pay the plane ticket.

I'll pay that as long as you fly student class (in the back with the chickens) Smiley
    Will you come via schiphol ?

Nice of Sabot to volunteer, let's Tensor off the hook (this time). April/May would be great.

I'll go.

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

Rossj wrote:

Hey, I'm planning a vacation in Ireland/England around July. Might drop by if you'll be organizing another one on those. Smiley

• User profile image
    Tensor

Rossj wrote:

Nice of Sabot to volunteer, let's Tensor off the hook (this time). April/May would be great.

I'll go.

Err - lucky me Smiley

Actually I ould try and organise somthing like this I suppose if you dont mind a trip oop north. (as we say oop north). Would certainly not be able to do anything about it till the summer though.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Sabot has offered to organise one in London, it makes sense that someone who wants to do it be responsible Smiley

• User profile image
    ShadowDragon

Not sure if this thread had=s gone dead, or not, but would also be interested

• User profile image
    Rossj

Sabot is on holiday this week. We can check with him when he gets back whether he is interested in organising it.

• User profile image
    Jaz

i don't know why i didn't post in this before but i'm there.

• User profile image
    stevef100

and me sir

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Remember that a few of us do have like... major exams coming up. Could we postpone this until around July/August?

If that's not possible, could you hold the meet up soon... then plan a second one around said months?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.