Coffeehouse Thread

29 posts

Microsoft buildings, where are you?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    CKurt

I just looked arround on bing maps at the microsoft campus. I knew it was huge but Bing really puts it in perspective.

If you work at microsoft, where do you work and what buildings do you often visit?

Microsoft Campus

It might also help put thing here on C9 in perspective.

• User profile image
    littleguru

I am in 34. Used to live just across 99. I visit from time to time 35, 18, 27, 43, 109 and some of the cross ones (1, 2, ...)

• User profile image
    CKurt

littleguru said:

I am in 34. Used to live just across 99. I visit from time to time 35, 18, 27, 43, 109 and some of the cross ones (1, 2, ...)

Can you tell what you are doing? (main topic Windows , Windows Server , Windows Live , SQL Server) in your building? It looks so overwelming the campus...

• User profile image
    PaoloM

CKurt said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*

Can you tell what you are doing? (main topic Windows , Windows Server , Windows Live , SQL Server) in your building? It looks so overwelming the campus...

I use to be in RedWest A, 9 and finally 86 (Windows Experience). There are a lot of other building not on that map... the whole RedWest complex, all the stuff in Bellevue...

• User profile image
    Harlequin

PaoloM said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*

I use to be in RedWest A, 9 and finally 86 (Windows Experience). There are a lot of other building not on that map... the whole RedWest complex, all the stuff in Bellevue...

It's all just a facade. Everything Microsoft makes is done by 2 guys in a basement in Virginia shackled to the waterpipes with 1 PM upstairs. Super sekret...

• User profile image
    blowdart

PaoloM said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*

Yea I won't be on campus to start with. Darn it. I'm further up 520 in Millenium E

• User profile image
    CKurt

blowdart said:
    PaoloM said:
    *snip*

Yea I won't be on campus to start with. Darn it. I'm further up 520 in Millenium E

Okay this is crasy, I really tought I got all the buildings.

• User profile image
    blowdart

CKurt said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

Hah no. There's even offices in downtown Seattle. And Sawamish as well I believe. And Bellevue. And Redmond centre.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

and of course 41 is the best, you should put your marker there Smiley

• User profile image
    Cream​Filling512

Map is out of date, missing bunch of west buildings.

• User profile image
    dahat

Ion Todirel said:

and of course 41 is the best, you should put your marker there Smiley

Pffft, 41 ain't got nothing on 43... I mean, you are down there south of NE 31st ST... sitting so close to 40 Wink

• User profile image
    littleguru

CKurt said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

You are missing A LOT of buildings. This is just part of the main campus.

• User profile image
    CKurt

littleguru said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*

You are missing A LOT of buildings. This is just part of the main campus.

Don't blame me Tongue Out It's what Bing Maps shows if you type 'Microsoft Campus' , so go to the Bing building! HaHa

These are the building Paolo was talking about more to the north I guess...

Generic Forum Image

It would be nice to kind of circle alle buildings and indicate witch person works where on what.. It would make a very nice deepzoom rich internet application! If i got the data I would not mind making the app.

• User profile image
    littleguru

CKurt said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*

Don't blame me Tongue Out It's what Bing Maps shows if you type 'Microsoft Campus' , so go to the Bing building! HaHa

Generic Forum Image

It would be nice to kind of circle alle buildings and indicate witch person works where on what.. It would make a very nice deepzoom rich internet application! If i got the data I would not mind making the app.

You are still missing Redmond Town Center and Bellevue down town Smiley Microsoft has also some offices in Seattle (Smith Tower).

• User profile image
    joechung

I used to be in 6. Now I'm in Millenium D.

• User profile image
    Laura10

littleguru said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*

You are still missing Redmond Town Center and Bellevue down town Smiley Microsoft has also some offices in Seattle (Smith Tower).

I am in bldg 24, our studio is in bldg 20 Smiley

• User profile image
    Cream​Filling512

CKurt said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*

Generic Forum Image

Nintendo is on 51st street.

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

Used to be in 18, then 24, now 42 (working on http://orchardproject.net).  Usually have lunch between 42/43, but sometimes go over to 40/41 or the Commons.  I drive past Nintendo every day to get to work.  The offices in Bellevue are niiiiice.  Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.