Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Bill Gates is on Twitter

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    CplCarrot

Well @BillGates has been listed by Twiter as a verified account. But he does seem to have a slightly eccentric set of people he follows. I wonder if his daughters had an input to the list!

Edit

And Channel 9 is on the list that he follows - No pressure then guys Wink

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

This is just the internet...  who needs links anyways?

http://twitter.com/BillGates

• User profile image
    Cream​Filling512

Funny how the number of followers goes up like, 50/second.

• User profile image
    Charles

Right on. We're honored, Bill (you know, I bet he peruses the site once and while too.... Wink)

C

• User profile image
    magicalclick

Charles said:

Right on. We're honored, Bill (you know, I bet he peruses the site once and while too.... Wink)

C

Haha, funny, I thought people will say stuff about MS, but, all I see is Haiti stuff. Obviously he is donating madly.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Minh

Charles said:

C

For the staff employment sake, I hope Bill doesn't try to post here. He'd most likely get a FWSOD (faded white screen of death)

• User profile image
    rhm

magicalclick said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*

Haha, funny, I thought people will say stuff about MS, but, all I see is Haiti stuff. Obviously he is donating madly.

I think he's focussed almost entirely on his charitable foundation now.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

CreamFilling512 said:

Funny how the number of followers goes up like, 50/second.

For me, every time I hit reload it goes up 3-5. Impressive.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

W3bbo said:
    CreamFilling512 said:
    *snip*

For me, every time I hit reload it goes up 3-5. Impressive.

Since we're on the topic of Twitter and Charles is in here, this really needs to be a C9 feature, having a twitter icon by our display names in here; maybe underneath our name/blurb. Be good just for us niners, but even better for the videos, so we can add guys like John Papa and if his guests, as an example.

• User profile image
    Duncanma

Harlequin said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*

Since we're on the topic of Twitter and Charles is in here, this really needs to be a C9 feature, having a twitter icon by our display names in here; maybe underneath our name/blurb. Be good just for us niners, but even better for the videos, so we can add guys like John Papa and if his guests, as an example.

We'll add that to your profile for sure, we hadn't figured out the best way to display it in the actual forum though... or other ways in which we could use it (notification for example?)

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Duncanma said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*

We'll add that to your profile for sure, we hadn't figured out the best way to display it in the actual forum though... or other ways in which we could use it (notification for example?)

I don't think it's necessary to display it in the actual forums. You don't display the web address here either. Maybe it's better to keep it simple. One idea is to show a niner's most recent tweets on his profile page.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

TommyCarlier said:
    Duncanma said:
    *snip*

I don't think it's necessary to display it in the actual forums. You don't display the web address here either. Maybe it's better to keep it simple. One idea is to show a niner's most recent tweets on his profile page.

But I think they used to here. Been a while, but we used to have 3 or 4 icons underneath our avatar.

• User profile image
    peterwillcn

oh

• User profile image
    Cream​Filling512

Paul Allen gives money to cooler stuff like space exploration, who cares about third world countries in the cosmic scheme of things?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.