Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Fault with Google Define:

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Tensor

Hey - you know the google Define: thing? If not, go to google and type define: <word> in to the search - it gives you a nice dictionary definition

It turns out some words are not there! This has to be a big hole in the google engine... For example - try "Define: Gullible".

Link

• User profile image
    Rossj

Tensor wrote:
    Hey - you know the google Define: thing? If not, go to google and type define: <word> in to the search - it gives you a nice dictionary definition

It turns out some words are not there! This has to be a big hole in the google engine... For example - try "Define: Gullible".

Link

Doh. Sometimes my stupidity amazes even me.

• User profile image
    Tensor

Rossj wrote:

Well, I expected someone to try it. I didnt expect it to be you Wink

• User profile image
    Rossj

Tensor wrote:
    Rossj wrote:

Well, I expected someone to try it. I didnt expect it to be you

Busy trying to wean myself off caffeine, that's my excuse Smiley

• User profile image
    Donkslayer

took me 5 minutes to figure out it was a joke...curse you tensor!

• User profile image
    Tensor

Tensor 2 - 0 other c9 users Smiley

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I realized it was a joke but clicked it anyway... Wink

• User profile image
    Rossj

Tensor wrote:
    Tensor 2 - 0 other c9 users Smiley

Do we get extra points for guessing which Ian Irvine book you took the name Tensor from? (assuming you didn't choose it from the mathematical meaning)

• User profile image
    Tensor

Funny thing is, many people have thought that they know where I got it from - that its the mathematical thing, the guy in Blake's Seven who built Orac - various things like that.

They are all wrong - its just my first initial and my name.

The worst thing is, I started off my university life trying Physics (which proved incompatible with large amounts of alcohol and an unhealthy obsession with the internet). Lecturers and other students used to make fun of my name. I was a living geek joke.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.