Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

Any designers going to CHI in Portland next week?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • Gretchen

Julie Stringham, the Microsoft recruiter for design and usability, will be there.  She's also hosting a par-tay on Wednesday night.  Check out the details here:  http://blogs.msdn.com/jobsblog/archive/2005/04/01/404738.aspx

• Steve411

Change the name of this thread to, "Jamie from channel9 just got a job as a designer for Microsoft!"

• littleguru

Steve411 wrote:
    Change the name of this thread to, "Jamie from channel9 just got a job as a designer for Microsoft!"

I guess Jamie would be a great designer for Microsoft.

• Steve411

he would knock um dead

• Jaz

graaaaaahhhhhhhhh i was about to post this but gretchen beat me to it first. 

anyhow i suggest MS offer to fly jamie down.

• eagle

Microsoft needs to create an app better then Photoshop and sell it for half the price.

• Jaz

buy XSI again, buy XSI again

• ZippyV

Beer28 wrote:
    eagle wrote: Microsoft needs to create an app better then Photoshop and sell it for half the price.

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/

Gimp is less than half the price, it's free, and it works on windows and linux.
    ... and is retarded in usability and user-friendlyness.

• Jaz

how about paint.net?

• jamie

i flew on a plane ONCE and it almost crashed.

no thanks Smiley  (gotta love the internet=why fly?)

*im not a designer - i have been Creative Director at 4 companies - and i doubt ms needs that

**yes they were all my companies... so??  haha ;p

• jledgard

Yeah, I saw some of the stuff Jamie did for Josh's logo contest.  Really impressive!

• Gretchen

Doh, that wasn't Josh on that last post ... that was me.  Damn that log-in.  Smiley  And no, Josh doesn't speak of himself in the 3rd person. Smiley

• Loadsgood

Microsoft users can login as other Microsoft users(or even non-Microsoft users)? That isn't very safe for an of us. A crooked Microsoftian could just log in as anyone in Microsoft (inclusive of the C9Team - Charles, Lenn, Scoble) and do anything they want. Upload Longhorn to the Sandbox (I wish!Wink), destroy the UI of Channel9, delete lots of threads etc. SOunds pretty dangerous to me... Can't wait to get a job at Microsoft Wink Muhahahaha!

Please disprove me.
    Loadsgood.

• PaoloM

You know how they say, "wife and husband should share... " Smiley

• Loadsgood

Didn't know that either.

@\Index...
    Loadsgood.

• Gretchen

I wrote that from the laptop in our living room.  Josh was already signed into Channel9 as himself, but since I usually log in from my work computer and it automatically recognizes me, I forgot to check the "Logged in as" at the top of the screen.  I just assumed it was logged in as me.

But I have no idea what Josh's password is ... or anyone else's for that matter. Smiley  It was just a case of sharing the same computer and not checking to see who was logged in.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.