• User profile image
    GoddersUK

Charles said:
    magicalclick said:
    *snip*

No news yet. You'll have to wait... Smiley
    C

There's not no news altogether...

There's this post (http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2009/11/18/an-early-look-at-ie9-for-developers.aspx) on the IEBlog from Novemeber.

• User profile image
    elmer

Dr Herbie said:
    ScottWelker said:
    *snip*

No I'm not at the moment, just general web browsing.  So far it's ok -- not startlingly better than IE8, no big feature to keep me using FF over IE8.

Tabs open quicker, but the app takes longer to start up (I tend to close apps that I'm not using to keep the taskbar uncluttered so I open and close the browser more than most).

Herbie

Actually, the thing I find most attractive about FF is not the browser itself (which I can take or leave) but an add-on I use... NoScript.

Just so much more practical and usable, compared to messing about with IE's security zones.

• User profile image
    Charles

kettch said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess...MIX?

I don't want you to get into trouble, so if I'm right scratch your left ear.

Actually, I don't know. You know who Dean works for, right? Smiley

C

• User profile image
    ScottWelker

elmer said:
    Dr Herbie said:
    *snip*

Actually, the thing I find most attractive about FF is not the browser itself (which I can take or leave) but an add-on I use... NoScript.

Just so much more practical and usable, compared to messing about with IE's security zones.

Agreed elmer, it's the add-ons:

WikiLook, Mouse Gestures, Flashblock, IE Tab, Adblock Plus, to name a few favs.

To be fair though I was happy with IE7/8 and the IE7Pro add-on. Gave me most of my *must* have features like in-line spell check, readily available word definitions, and mouse gestures. Sadly my current work has me stuck back in IE6 Embarassed

• User profile image
    harumscarum

elmer said:
    Dr Herbie said:
    *snip*

Same here. noscript/ad blocker makes browsing nice.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.