Coffeehouse Thread

32 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

VS2010 RC

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    JoshRoss

Well, it's available now on MSDN.  Sitting at home, I thought I'd try to download it from my work computer. One problem, it was formatted on Friday to clear-up some issues.  And I forgot to re-enable the remote desktop login.  Sigh.

Sent from my iGroan.

• User profile image
    jmzl666

I already download it and played a little with it, looks OK so far but the uninstalling part was miserable:

uninstall beta 2 (some estrange error about MVC 2), reboot
    uninstall .NET Framework version 4 Extended reboot,
    uninstall .NET Framework version 4 Client  reboot
    manually delete some leftovers (ASP.NET MVC 2 and another one i cant remember)

then install VS2010 Ultimate RC:

Installing .Net Framework 4, reboot
    Installing all the other components.
    After that everything seems OK, UI is responsive and loads faster than beta 2.

Tomorrow at work i will test this puppy in our internal apps.

Juan Zamudio

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

What's the expiry date on the RC?  It's such a large download on my so-called 'broadband' connection that it has to last long enough to be worth the effort.

Herbie

• User profile image
    jmzl666

Dr Herbie said:

What's the expiry date on the RC?  It's such a large download on my so-called 'broadband' connection that it has to last long enough to be worth the effort.

Herbie

I installed today and have 140 days remaining.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

jmzl666 said:
    Dr Herbie said:
    *snip*

I installed today and have 140 days remaining.

Cheers -- seems like long enough!  Will download, as soon as generally released (stupid budget cuts taking away my MSDN subs Sad )

Herbie

• User profile image
    rizwan.​saddal

Dr Herbie said:
    jmzl666 said:
    *snip*

Cheers -- seems like long enough!  Will download, as soon as generally released (stupid budget cuts taking away my MSDN subs Sad )

Herbie

Dude it's Awesome, but the beta is killing me

• User profile image
    Ian2

Dr Herbie said:

Herbie

Just started downloading - 12 hours to go (fingers crossed that is)

Belay that - now says 15 hours, hooray for Broadband Britain.

Oh, now saying 28 hours.

Makes me feel like this:

(ie the guys in the blue shirts)

• User profile image
    OrigamiCar

Erm.....

Spent the morning uninstalling Beta 2, Installing RC and Team Explorer RC - so far so good.....

.....until I started the RC for the first time and was presented with this!!!

Acid Trip Visual Studio

Not sure what's going on there - will look into running the reset commandline.

*EDIT*

Running 'devenv.exe /resetsettings' didn't fix it..... Anyone got any ideas???!!

*FURTHER EDIT*

Solved it - I had forgotten that I had the Visual Studio Theme Editor extension installed under beta 2 and must have not had it set to the default theme. Seems that the theme format or values must have changed in RC version hence the wierd color. Setting it back to 'default' in the theme menu fixed it!

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

OrigamiCar said:

Erm.....

Spent the morning uninstalling Beta 2, Installing RC and Team Explorer RC - so far so good.....

Acid Trip Visual Studio

*EDIT*

Running 'devenv.exe /resetsettings' didn't fix it..... Anyone got any ideas???!!

*FURTHER EDIT*

Solved it - I had forgotten that I had the Visual Studio Theme Editor extension installed under beta 2 and must have not had it set to the default theme. Seems that the theme format or values must have changed in RC version hence the wierd color. Setting it back to 'default' in the theme menu fixed it!

Update your video drivers?

• User profile image
    rhm

OrigamiCar said:

Erm.....

Acid Trip Visual Studio

*EDIT*

*FURTHER EDIT*

Visual Studio 2010 Psychedelic Edition!

• User profile image
    rhm

Ian2 said:
    Dr Herbie said:
    *snip*

Just started downloading - 12 hours to go (fingers crossed that is)

Belay that - now says 15 hours, hooray for Broadband Britain.

Oh, now saying 28 hours.

Makes me feel like this:

(ie the guys in the blue shirts)

Crikey, I got it all (Ultimate+TFS Server) in just over an hour last night. Be Broadband FTW.

• User profile image
    Bas

OrigamiCar said:

Erm.....

Acid Trip Visual Studio

*EDIT*

*FURTHER EDIT*

That's... that's amazing!

• User profile image
    figuerres

rhm said:
    OrigamiCar said:
    *snip*

Visual Studio 2010 Psychedelic Edition!

Hey I like that, add a tie-die tee shirt to the box and have Erik sign the shirt !

"Visual Studio 2010 Psychedelic Edition, signed by Erik Meijer"

LOL

Big Smile

• User profile image
    JoshRoss

I have installed this new visual studio, and I have a big problem.  It seems to be a lot better than my old visual studio.  How am I supposed to complain about a product's short comings, if I cannot find any?

EDIT:  I noticed that when I am in F# and I (Ctrl+K, + Ctrl+X) I do not have any F# snippets available.

-Josh

• User profile image
    Ian2

JoshRoss said:

I have installed this new visual studio, and I have a big problem.  It seems to be a lot better than my old visual studio.  How am I supposed to complain about a product's short comings, if I cannot find any?

EDIT:  I noticed that when I am in F# and I (Ctrl+K, + Ctrl+X) I do not have any F# snippets available.

-Josh

GET YOUR NUNCHUCKS OUT ...

• User profile image
    harumscarum

So when does the public download start? Do we have to wait for the US to wake up?

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

harumscarum said:

So when does the public download start? Do we have to wait for the US to wake up?

Yeah!  Come on you lazy Americans -- wake up and give me downloads!

Herbie

• User profile image
    figuerres

Dr Herbie said:
    harumscarum said:
    *snip*

Yeah!  Come on you lazy Americans -- wake up and give me downloads!

Herbie

Lol .... same here Smiley

give it about 6 more hours ... it's still way early on the west coast.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.