Coffeehouse Thread

28 posts

Where have you been?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

Map maker ..

My rather disappointing world travel record. I need more holidays methinks. Anyone been to less places?

• User profile image
    AndyC

Tch, you're practically an international jet-setter by comparison.

<

I'd probably have gone further, but I don't like planes. Or boats. Or tunnels.

Sigh...

• User profile image
    Tensor

Yet to escape Europe

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Wow, that's some pretty interesting red X's you've all visited.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Sven Groot wrote:
    Wow, that's some pretty interesting red X's you've all visited.

Funny that your own national airlines doesn't want you to see their images Wink

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Thing doesn't work in Firefox and uses horrid code... Negudos to KLM :/

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Rossj wrote:
    Sven Groot wrote: Wow, that's some pretty interesting red X's you've all visited.

Funny that your own national airlines doesn't want you to see their images

Actually KLM is owned by Air France nowadays I think. Anyway, I figured it out. I had "Show files based on content, not file extension" disabled in IE, which causes IE not to want to show files from servers that send the wrong MIME type, which this server does.

Anyway, here's my map:

Not too shabby I think. I decided against checking all the places I wish to visit, that would take too long. Wink

• User profile image
    HellSnoopy

It would be nice if you could check the cities you went. that would be a nice software.

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

Whoo. Fun meme.

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

Works fine in Firefox for me.... I'm using the latest version though.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Tyler Brown wrote:
    Works fine in Firefox for me.... I'm using the latest version though.

I click on the link... I get a blank page.

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Just the US and Mexico unless you consider Mexico and America to be the same Tongue Out
    This worked fine in FF for me BTW.:

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

harumscarum wrote:
    Just the US and Mexico unless you consider Mexico and America to be the same

I've seen Mexico, I've stood at about 200 meters from the border, but I've never actually been there. Sad

• User profile image
    Minh

They need more fine-grain. I mean, I've been to Windsor, Canada, a stone through from Detroit, but I get to claim all of Canada?

• User profile image
    eagle

It looks as if I walked around the World!
    visited 40 countries-

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

eagle wrote:
    It looks as if I walked around the World!

Have you heard about the program "long way round"? Ewan McGregor and some other guy went from London to New York. On a motorcycle.

Too bad it wasn't broadcast on a network I get here, I would've liked to see that.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Yeah....

My visit to Hong-Kong and the Formerly-Dutch-but-was-at-the-time thing counts as a trip to the whole of China.

Ditto the stay-over trip in Sydney because the airline from New Zealand was poo doesn't count as really "going" to austrailia... all I did was go to the aquirium, walk the harbour bridge, and admire the architecture of the opera house.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Sven Groot wrote:
    eagle wrote:It looks as if I walked around the World!

Have you heard about the program "long way round"? Ewan McGregor and some other guy went from London to New York. On a motorcycle.

Too bad it wasn't broadcast on a network I get here, I would've liked to see that.

You mean this ?
    Apparently it is on Bravo if you have satellite, and was also on SkyOne.  Should be repeated on Sky One and Sky Mix soon I should think.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.