Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Project Gustav is worth a C9 video

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • dentaku

There's a nice product from MSR which I found out about this morning that would make a very interesting C9 video.

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/gustav/default.aspx

It's a touch enabled paint program.

• baxissimo

Thanks for saying so.   In fact, Laura came and shot a video with us just a few days ago, so it should be on the way!  Probably along with a bunch of other good stuff that will be shown at this year's TechFest research fair. 

BTW, it's not a product at this point, just a research prototype.  But having people like you show interest in the project can only help the effort to get it out!

• Dr Herbie

baxissimo said:

Thanks for saying so.   In fact, Laura came and shot a video with us just a few days ago, so it should be on the way!  Probably along with a bunch of other good stuff that will be shown at this year's TechFest research fair. 

BTW, it's not a product at this point, just a research prototype.  But having people like you show interest in the project can only help the effort to get it out!

Hi baxissimo -- are there plans for a downloadable demo version?  It looks very interesting.

Herbie

• exoteric

baxissimo said:

Awesome!!! People would pay for this program, I'm sure. I can even imagine using a robot with real brushes as a kind of painters CNC machine, transferring the digital 3D art from Gustav to a canvas.

• CKurt
  • dentaku

baxissimo said:

Yeah, I was going to call it a "project" because this IS MSR we're talking about Smiley

That Laura sure is fast.

• Ian2

dentaku said:
    baxissimo said:
    *snip*

Yeah, I was going to call it a "project" because this IS MSR we're talking about Smiley

That Laura sure is fast.

Nice.  We got "Corel PainIt Touch!" installed on our PDC Tablets - how does Gustav compare?

• blowdart

baxissimo said:

Oh now I shall come over and take a look Big Smile

• Laura10

CKurt said:

Fastest trigger in the West Smiley Gustav was awesome- I fancy myself a painter and this looked and felt very realistic.

• magicalclick

Totally want this thing and the drawing pad. Hope MS can allocate more people and market it quickly because I want to buy it so bad.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.