Coffeehouse Thread

43 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

My First Windows Mobile 7 App

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    dentaku

I REALY hope someone makes a customizable MIDI/OSC controller for Windows Phone 7 like Touch OSC.

http://www.gadgetcracker.com/2009/06/how-to-iphone-touchosc-pure-data-ableton-live/

• User profile image
    Ian2

OK, latest version is up with a WP7 skin. 

Havn't found any suitable sounds to use yet.  Does anyone have any ideas?

• User profile image
    Ian2

Ian2 said:

OK, latest version is up with a WP7 skin. 

Havn't found any suitable sounds to use yet.  Does anyone have any ideas?

OK, Sounds now included (pop and tada).  Just need to add the scorechart at the end and it is complete (at least the design!)

Looking forward to MIX announcements tomorrow!

Check out the phone app here (you will need multitouch):

http://gallery.expression.microsoft.com/en-us/SpotTheDifference

• User profile image
    Dovella

Confirmed: the Windows 7 phone is a Quad-Core, Silverlight 5 phone.

via Miguel Deicaza

• User profile image
    Ian2

Dovella said:

Confirmed: the Windows 7 phone is a Quad-Core, Silverlight 5 phone.

via Miguel Deicaza

Awesome,though sounds a bit to good to be true.  Apparently a free updated 'Development Zune' for attendees as well? 

Would someone at Mix please check out http://FromTheMalverns.com/SPOT & let me know what happens (click on the Windows Logo Button to remove the dummy phone surround).

Thanks.

• User profile image
    Ian2

Ian2 said:
    figuerres said:
    *snip*

OK, fiddled around a bit with the rim concept but code was getting a bit too complex (I am trying to KISS per the concept of an easy port to WP7) so I have put ot on hold until we see what is around the corner.

Thanks for the great feedback..

OK, Last time I am going to bump this topic (it just feels wrong for mew to do that all the time).

I have succesfully got the app working on the WP7 phone emulator (with a couple of issues)

Next step (after sorting those issues) is to investigate posting the app onto the marketplace (not sure what the pre-release story is for that just at the moment)

NB To save bumping this topic I am posting interim updates on my blog at rd3d2@spaces.live.com

Thanks for all your feedback and advice with this project so far.

• User profile image
    Ian2

Ian2 said:
    figuerres said:
    *snip*

OK, fiddled around a bit with the rim concept but code was getting a bit too complex (I am trying to KISS per the concept of an easy port to WP7) so I have put ot on hold until we see what is around the corner.

Thanks for the great feedback..

Wow, you might recall my "pre-launch" windows phone app which I posted here a while back.  I just checked the browser stats for the home page and they've rocketed?

Spot Graph

Looks like it got featured at the bottom of the Silverlight.net home page (thank you) and the stats went from 5-6 hits a day to 400 a day!

For anyone still interested in the original premiss - I have now ported the app to WP7 (OK port makes it sound quite grand - it just needed a couple of tweaks) 

I am presently at work on my second and third Windows Phone 7 apps which are a little moe ambitious - I hope to be able to launch those when the platform launches later in the year.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.