Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

This Week *off* Channel 9

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Dan

Hey folks,

Just a heads up that we won't be doing This Week on Channel 9 this week (March 12th) as we're heads down planning for MIX, but we'll have This Week on Channel 9 on both Monday and Tuesday next week as part of Channel 9 Live Smiley

• User profile image
    littleguru

maaaaaaaaaan! and that after the 100th!

• User profile image
    rhm

This news has totally ruined my week. I hope you're happy now!

• User profile image
    CKurt

Any chance on a behind the scenes of setting up MIX10 video ? Tongue Out

Anyway, looking forward to C9Live !

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Videos?

What are you babbeling about man!

The Coffeehouse is the place to be at Channel9!

• User profile image
    harumscarum

People still get to go to events?

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

harumscarum said:

People still get to go to events?

Ofcourse, invest in knowlidge while the markets are slow. So you can reap the benefits when the market is booming. To send someone to an event while the market is peaking, is a loss.

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Maddus Mattus said:
    harumscarum said:
    *snip*

Ofcourse, invest in knowlidge while the markets are slow. So you can reap the benefits when the market is booming. To send someone to an event while the market is peaking, is a loss.

Yeah but nowadays there are enough things online to get this knowledge. Its just a matter of giving people the time to do so.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

harumscarum said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*

Yeah but nowadays there are enough things online to get this knowledge. Its just a matter of giving people the time to do so.

Good point.

With the internet and the excellent content availible (blogs and ofcourse Channel9 videos) these seminars can be considered a thing of the past.

But, it's still a great way to meet your peers to discuss the latest technologies.

And ofcourse suck up to MVP's so maybe they will nominate you next time!

• User profile image
    Dan

CKurt said:

Any chance on a behind the scenes of setting up MIX10 video ? Tongue Out

Anyway, looking forward to C9Live !

We may be able to get some behind-the-scenes video, yes, but they'd only be able to air *after* the keynote Smiley

• User profile image
    Dan

harumscarum said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*

A lot of times it's your company paying versus individuals with the understanding that you're going there to learn, understand key trends, etc.   MIX is a great example, beyond the sessions, there is a workshop with lots of interesting sessions (design for developers, Silverlight bootcamp, etc) that make it worth your while.

While a lot of content is online, it's really about dedicating the time to go and watch it that I personally find the hardest.

• User profile image
    JoshRoss

Dan said:
    harumscarum said:
    *snip*

A lot of times it's your company paying versus individuals with the understanding that you're going there to learn, understand key trends, etc.   MIX is a great example, beyond the sessions, there is a workshop with lots of interesting sessions (design for developers, Silverlight bootcamp, etc) that make it worth your while.

While a lot of content is online, it's really about dedicating the time to go and watch it that I personally find the hardest.

Are there any available statistics covering who pays for the attendees to attend? There are a lot of folks that would go to Vegas for fun, and I could see them forking over some cash to attend something like Mix. But, for me, as someone who is sensitive to bright lights and loud noises, Vegas seems like hell on earth. I guess that's why they still have the PDC.

• User profile image
    kettch

Dan said:
    harumscarum said:
    *snip*

I wish I had the resources to go to more in person events. One of the things that I like is being able to talk with the presenters and network with the different presenters. You can always come away with contact info for somebody interesting who might be able to help you with some issue.

• User profile image
    Dan

JoshRoss said:
    Dan said:
    *snip*

Are there any available statistics covering who pays for the attendees to attend? There are a lot of folks that would go to Vegas for fun, and I could see them forking over some cash to attend something like Mix. But, for me, as someone who is sensitive to bright lights and loud noises, Vegas seems like hell on earth. I guess that's why they still have the PDC.

Hmm, I don't know about the "who pays" question, but the vast majority of people that go to conferences do actually attend the conference (for the content, to mingle with other devs, to meet "the Gu",etc).

I like Vegas, but there is something about it where by the time the conference is over, you're definitely ready to go home Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.