Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

I am in Chafford Hundred (UK)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

    The weather is great....

     

    Any niners around? to meet. It will be cool.

     

    (any tips to look around?

    now seen, londen eye, tower bridge, a nice concert at the trafalger square... walked around the oxford circus, fenchurch street... yea end of the list)

  • User profile image
    Dr Herbie

    I don't get to London much, but last time I was there (7 or 8 years ago) if liked St Paul's Cathedral -- getting up onto the roof is quite an experience.  Once you're done there you can stroll down over the Millennium footbridge to the Tate and look at some art.

     

    Natural History museum is good, but not in the center of London so you might have to get a bus\taxi\tube there (I can't remember, but I think I went by tube last time).

     

    Herbie

     

    EDIT : Getting serious deja-vu here, have we had this conversation before?

     

  • User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

    Dr Herbie said:

    I don't get to London much, but last time I was there (7 or 8 years ago) if liked St Paul's Cathedral -- getting up onto the roof is quite an experience.  Once you're done there you can stroll down over the Millennium footbridge to the Tate and look at some art.

     

    Natural History museum is good, but not in the center of London so you might have to get a bus\taxi\tube there (I can't remember, but I think I went by tube last time).

     

    Herbie

     

    EDIT : Getting serious deja-vu here, have we had this conversation before?

     

    cool tips... thank you Doctor.

     

    St Paul's Cathedral is the one which is to the near trafalgur square? or some very around area? (seems like been there, but can't recall, my memory sucks, sorry)

     

    EDIT: yea 1.5 years ago.. last time i cound not make it up is in seeing.. this time i have some like 2 weekends so need to make most of it. (thats good... you have a nice memory, well can I inherit some?)

  • User profile image
    Dr Herbie

    Raghavendra_Mudugal said:
    Dr Herbie said:
    *snip*

    cool tips... thank you Doctor.

     

    St Paul's Cathedral is the one which is to the near trafalgur square? or some very around area? (seems like been there, but can't recall, my memory sucks, sorry)

     

    EDIT: yea 1.5 years ago.. last time i cound not make it up is in seeing.. this time i have some like 2 weekends so need to make most of it. (thats good... you have a nice memory, well can I inherit some?)

    http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?q=st+paul's+cathedral+london&mkt=en-GB&FORM=BYFD

    Smiley

     

    Herbie

     

  • User profile image
    spivonious

    Hyde Park is always fun to walk around. I had a great time in London when I was there a couple of years ago.

  • User profile image
    harumscarum

    can always hop on the big red bus and jump off when you find something you like.

  • User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

    harumscarum said:

    can always hop on the big red bus and jump off when you find something you like.

    good tip

     

    yea me better stay on the bus and push you instead. Smiley

  • User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

    spivonious said:

    Hyde Park is always fun to walk around. I had a great time in London when I was there a couple of years ago.

    now i understood what you mean... thanks mate. Smiley

  • User profile image
    Bas

    I love covent garden. Have a coffee and listen to the string music. Sure, it's touristy, but I love it.

  • User profile image
    spivonious

    Bas said:

    I love covent garden. Have a coffee and listen to the string music. Sure, it's touristy, but I love it.

    Ah yeah I forgot about that. Super touristy, and usually pretty crowded, but a nice place to sit and have a drink while listening to the street musicians.

  • User profile image
    GoddersUK

    The British museum is a must.

     

    http://www.britishmuseum.org/

     

    The tower of London is also worth a visit.

     

    Considering I study here I really don't seem to have that much inspiration when it comes to recomending places to visit Tongue Out

     

  • User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

    GoddersUK said:

    The British museum is a must.

     

    http://www.britishmuseum.org/

     

    The tower of London is also worth a visit.

     

    Considering I study here I really don't seem to have that much inspiration when it comes to recomending places to visit Tongue Out

     

    Yesterday, I have been to National History museum and science museum.. science mues is too huge.. was able to see the half, next week I am planning to see to a 3D movie in there, like playing 5 of them.

     

    Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.