Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Silverlight for ZuneHD!!!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    CKurt

You have not been missing something.

Since WP7S has been announced news around Zune HD has been very quite. But here is my guess:

They are working on a Zune HD2 with the same software and development platform as Windows Phone 7 Series but without the phone stuff. The old Zune HD will not be upgradeable.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    intelman

gkrishnaa said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*

ZuneHD2? That makes me sad. Sad

Microsoft can get away with this. To me they are like Apple is in the PC market. Very small, but have a diehard fanbase. People who love the Zune HD really love it. It does great things, it works well, it is beautiful. I think if the parent company wants to move on we can do nothing about it. It is sad.

• User profile image
    Bludrgn

Question if the intent was to ditch the Zune HD why would MS invest all of that time into making special Zune Hd devices for use as inflight entertainment devices? Seems to me that if you are planning to leave a device behind you do not roll out a bunch of new apps for it or find a new nitch for that product. You certainly do not enter into a join venture based on that product.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

I think they should just do it like iPod touch, a WInPh without Ph. Simple consolidated resource since WinPh is already out there.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Ian2

Would be cool if it supported the same apps as WP7 - having the space to store as many podcasts and as much music & video as I like would be good. (I'm using a 60gb old style Zune alongside my phone at the moment which is OK until they can get the phone storage up there).  

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.