Coffeehouse Thread

22 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Text rendering in IE9 preview?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cream​Filling512

Would like to see more laser projected displays, like the Mitsubishi Laservue, except in a front projector.

• User profile image
    exoteric

androidi said:
    rhm said:
    *snip*

Tapes are better. Of course the question is for what. There's plenty of evidence to go around that using tapes as part of an audio production chain to color the sound of a track makes it sound nicer. eg. There's a guy in YouTube who uploads synth demos. I thought his first demo sounded superb and the rest sounded like crap. Well after digging enough it turned out he had ran the first one through analog tape. No wonder. The greatest electronic musician (eg some on Warp records) use it too as part of production process.

Tape is better than CD because of coloring? If all you want is coloring, use DSP.

• User profile image
    mahara

, Sven Groot wrote

If they want to change this they'll have to update DirectWrite. It's beyond the scope of IE9.

I couldn't agree more. That's what I expected from MS, but that's not what's happening. I currently sense something wrong with it.

• User profile image
    Dexter

There's no reason to update DirectWrite because it's already capable of rendering pixel snapped text. It's the application choice (IE in this case) to do (or not) pixel snapping.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.