Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

DevDays 2010 The Hague

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Bas

Anyone going to this? I just got the OK from my manager. We still have to duke it out to determine who's going, but since I was the one brave enough to ask, I say it's me. Maybe we can do a meetup or something.

• User profile image
    PeterF

Hi Bas

I'm going for the Tuesday only, luckily we can go with the whole team. I'm certainly in for a meetup, during lunch? Anyone from the Channel9 team handing out memorabilia during the occasion? Wink

• User profile image
    Bas

PeterF said:

Hi Bas

I'm going for the Tuesday only, luckily we can go with the whole team. I'm certainly in for a meetup, during lunch? Anyone from the Channel9 team handing out memorabilia during the occasion? Wink

Sounds like fun, let's do lunch. I'm not yet sure wether I'm going to the World Forum Theatre or the Europe room after lunch, so I'll be in the lunch place between those, next to Asia and Antarctica. I'll try to put a picture of my avatar on my badge for easier recognition.

• User profile image
    PeterF

Bas said:
    PeterF said:
    *snip*

Sounds like fun, let's do lunch. I'm not yet sure wether I'm going to the World Forum Theatre or the Europe room after lunch, so I'll be in the lunch place between those, next to Asia and Antarctica. I'll try to put a picture of my avatar on my badge for easier recognition.

Still in the food queue in front of Asia/Antartica, didn't see an avatar badge yet

edit: Just happened to speak with Scott Hanselman carrying his 1.5L bottle of coke Wink

Nice guy, he's going to highlight an aspect of MVC that's a bit lost in the talks, the hybrid form where you mix Web forms and MVC and have the best of both worlds instead of a split road. He's now backstage prparing a demo for it.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Sorry Bas, my employer said no.

We've had a rough year, so they are keeping a hand on the knip Wink

Maybe next year we can get together in The Hague! Smiley

• User profile image
    PeterF

Bas said:
    PeterF said:
    *snip*

Wonder who wrote the session evaluation site authentication, just modify the ID in the URL to see which sessions other people have been to, even able to fill the session evaluation which you can't change anymore when submitted Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Bas

Maddus Mattus said:

Sorry Bas, my employer said no.

We've had a rough year, so they are keeping a hand on the knip Wink

Maybe next year we can get together in The Hague! Smiley

Deal. Smiley

Wonder who wrote the session evaluation site authentication, just modify the ID in the URL to see which sessions other people have been to, even able to fill the session evaluation which you can't change anymore when submitted

Don't get me started. Half the sessions in the evaluation list are sessions I haven't even been too. They could've saved a lot of money on the barcode scanners and could have written a routine that returns a bunch of random sessions. Same result.

I was in the Asia/Antarctica hall, though not the whole time. Got called away. Sorry we missed each other. Guess we'll have to make some more concrete plans next year.

Good two days though. I saw a lot of interesting stuff, and said hi to Brian Keller.

• User profile image
    PeterF

Bas said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*

Don't get me started. Half the sessions in the evaluation list are sessions I haven't even been too. They could've saved a lot of money on the barcode scanners and could have written a routine that returns a bunch of random sessions. Same result.

I was in the Asia/Antarctica hall, though not the whole time. Got called away. Sorry we missed each other. Guess we'll have to make some more concrete plans next year.

Good two days though. I saw a lot of interesting stuff, and said hi to Brian Keller.

Sure, by that time they will enable Private messages again to exchange mail or phone numbers.

Barcodes were really silly and not working due to the reflection of the plastic cover, they could have easily re-used the online scheduling from last year.

Also said hi to Anders Hejlsberg, he really hates optional and named parameters Smiley

Regards,

Peter

• User profile image
    Bas

PeterF said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*

Sure, by that time they will enable Private messages again to exchange mail or phone numbers.

Barcodes were really silly and not working due to the reflection of the plastic cover, they could have easily re-used the online scheduling from last year.

Also said hi to Anders Hejlsberg, he really hates optional and named parameters Smiley

Regards,

Peter

Yeah, he sure didn't make a secret of his opinions on optional and named parameters, and to a lesser extent, dynamically typed languages. I'd have liked to hear his reasons for hating optional parameters though...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.