Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Channel 9 Live at MIX10 - How Did We Do?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    nic

Hey Niners, did you all get a chance to watch some of the Channel 9 Live at MIX10 coverage and tweet us your questions?

If so - what did you think? I'd love to get your feedback to ensure our next Channel 9 Live event is even better.

Cheers -Nic

• User profile image
    Ian2

Wasn't able to make it to Mix this year so the Channel 9 coverage was a God send.   High point was Scott Guthrie answering one of my questions 'live' shortly after I tweeted it!  Great stuff!

Next Year?  I expect you to have integrated Natal into the web site so that we can fire all our old unwanted T-Shirts back at the stage. (thats possible, right?)

• User profile image
    Bas

I liked the bits that I've seen. Especially for devs that can't make it to Mix due to time/money/geographical constraints this is a godsend, like Ian2 mentioned.

I wasn't able to see the entire thing though, and I was wondering if the C9 Live bits are available on demand. I can find videos for all the keynotes and sessions, but not the C9 Live segments. If they're not available, why not? If so, maybe something can bedone to make them easier to find.

Also, I saw a whole bunch of interesting questions posted in the Coffeehouse thread, but not having seen all live segments, I don't know which ones have been answered and what the answers were. Maybe all questions and answered that made it on the show can be gathered and written down in some C9 blog post to make them easier to find.

I noticed, by the way, that there were subtitles available during the keynote. It'd be amazing if you could textually search for stuff that was said in the keynote, and get directed to a certain point in the keynote videos.

Also next year I'd like to see more people get shot in the nads with a cannon.

• User profile image
    nic

Bas said:

I liked the bits that I've seen. Especially for devs that can't make it to Mix due to time/money/geographical constraints this is a godsend, like Ian2 mentioned.

I wasn't able to see the entire thing though, and I was wondering if the C9 Live bits are available on demand. I can find videos for all the keynotes and sessions, but not the C9 Live segments. If they're not available, why not? If so, maybe something can bedone to make them easier to find.

Also, I saw a whole bunch of interesting questions posted in the Coffeehouse thread, but not having seen all live segments, I don't know which ones have been answered and what the answers were. Maybe all questions and answered that made it on the show can be gathered and written down in some C9 blog post to make them easier to find.

I noticed, by the way, that there were subtitles available during the keynote. It'd be amazing if you could textually search for stuff that was said in the keynote, and get directed to a certain point in the keynote videos.

Also next year I'd like to see more people get shot in the nads with a cannon.

@Bas Thanks for watching. Boths days are available to view on-demand. There's a button/ad on the front page of Channel 9 pointing to the on-demand streams.

Here are the direct links:

Day 1: http://channel9.msdn.com/Live/MIX10/Day1

Day 2: http://channel9.msdn.com/Live/MIX10/Day2

We covered most of the questions submitted via the coffee house however we didn't have enough people/time to respond within the thread. We're trying to come up with a solution that allows us to point people to their answers in the stream so they know that their question was answered and when the question was addressed.

We're also looking at adding closed captioning (subtitles) for future live events... it's quite expensive but it would be a great addition.

Re: cannon shots to the nads... great idea; I'll make sure we have this on Clint's calendar.

@Ian2 Awesome. Will let Duncan know that we need to add Natal support to the Rev 9 spec Smiley

• User profile image
    vesuvius

Unfortunately the high quality downloads were not available over the weekend, and I am "up to my neck in it" weekdays, so it'll be this weekend I can start to go through some sessions.

• User profile image
    Bas

nic said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*

@Bas Thanks for watching. Boths days are available to view on-demand. There's a button/ad on the front page of Channel 9 pointing to the on-demand streams.

Here are the direct links:

Day 1: http://channel9.msdn.com/Live/MIX10/Day1

Day 2: http://channel9.msdn.com/Live/MIX10/Day2

We covered most of the questions submitted via the coffee house however we didn't have enough people/time to respond within the thread. We're trying to come up with a solution that allows us to point people to their answers in the stream so they know that their question was answered and when the question was addressed.

We're also looking at adding closed captioning (subtitles) for future live events... it's quite expensive but it would be a great addition.

Re: cannon shots to the nads... great idea; I'll make sure we have this on Clint's calendar.

@Ian2 Awesome. Will let Duncan know that we need to add Natal support to the Rev 9 spec Smiley

Ugh, didn't even see the button until you pointed me to it. Thanks!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.