Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Upload screencast

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Mirko

Hey,

How do I upload my screencast to channel 9?

Does it have to be in a specific format?

thanks

• User profile image
    JoshRoss

Post it to YouTube and then link it to this this thread using the video link button.

• User profile image
    Charles

JoshRoss said:

Post it to YouTube and then link it to this this thread using the video link button.

Correct.

C

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Personally, I prefer Jing. Does Ch9 support that?

• User profile image
    JoshRoss

W3bbo said:

Personally, I prefer Jing. Does Ch9 support that?

You would have some serious problems with posting something there.  They redirect to screencast.com and the free account has 2gb/month bandwidth.  With a 6MB clip and 334 views, you would be out of business in a hurry around here.

Just imagine how many free accounts you would have to cobble together to run C9 for a single day.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

JoshRoss said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*

You would have some serious problems with posting something there.  They redirect to screencast.com and the free account has 2gb/month bandwidth.  With a 6MB clip and 334 views, you would be out of business in a hurry around here.

Just imagine how many free accounts you would have to cobble together to run C9 for a single day.

Oh, I never noticed that. I use Jing for small one-off screencasts for demonstrating bugs or problems I get.

I suppose with YouTube's 720p HD option it's a better alternative.

• User profile image
    MirkoBonello

JoshRoss said:

Done:

Will it now become indexed in c9?

Thanks

• User profile image
    blowdart

MirkoBonello said:
    JoshRoss said:
    *snip*

Done:

Will it now become indexed in c9?

Thanks

How do you mean indexed? What are you wanting to happen?

• User profile image
    MirkoBonello

blowdart said:
    MirkoBonello said:
    *snip*

How do you mean indexed? What are you wanting to happen?

when users type in dynamics in the top right search box of c9 it will be part of the search results.

• User profile image
    David7738

MirkoBonello said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

when users type in dynamics in the top right search box of c9 it will be part of the search results.

since you finally added the word 'dynanmics' you've now given the search engine somehting to work on.... A new post with a new relevant topic name, your video and some text describing the video will help the search engine and also help us poor members of C9

edit: the video filename 'cuesdemofinal.avi' doesn't help... how about a more appropriate name 'microsoft dynamics conference ....

• User profile image
    MirkoBonello

David7738 said:
    MirkoBonello said:
    *snip*

since you finally added the word 'dynanmics' you've now given the search engine somehting to work on.... A new post with a new relevant topic name, your video and some text describing the video will help the search engine and also help us poor members of C9

edit: the video filename 'cuesdemofinal.avi' doesn't help... how about a more appropriate name 'microsoft dynamics conference ....

Thanks for your help.

I will create a new post and make names more descriptive in the future.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.