Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

First Images of the new Tardis

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ian2

    Tardis

     

    More here:

     

    http://geeksyndicate.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/doctor-who-series-five-first-images-of-the-new-tardis-interior/

     

    Isn't this the 'Top of the Pops' set from  April 16th 1985?

  • User profile image
    Ray7

    I believe it is.

     

    Looks like the BBC is chasing the 'Yoof' audience again.

     

    Wow. More rooms

     

    Generic Forum Image

     

    http://radiotimes.com/tardis

  • User profile image
    GoddersUK

    Ray7 said:

    I believe it is.

     

    Looks like the BBC is chasing the 'Yoof' audience again.

     

    Wow. More rooms

     

    Generic Forum Image

     

    http://radiotimes.com/tardis

    yuk...

     

    It looks like a cross between art attack and the inside of the tellytubies house...

     

    The bottom image is slightly nicer but still not good.

  • User profile image
    GamlerHart

    GoddersUK said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*

    yuk...

     

    It looks like a cross between art attack and the inside of the tellytubies house...

     

    The bottom image is slightly nicer but still not good.

    The 2005-version of the TARDIS also looked bad. I actually like this version slightly more

  • User profile image
    spivonious

    Being in the US...can someone fill me in why the 2005 Tardis needed to change? I know David Tennant isn't the doctor anymore (my wife will have to find a new crush now).

  • User profile image
    Ian2

    and just out of shot on that first image ...

     

    tardis

     

    ..the Master himself ...

     

     

  • User profile image
    GoddersUK

    GamlerHart said:
    GoddersUK said:
    *snip*

    The 2005-version of the TARDIS also looked bad. I actually like this version slightly more

    But why not have something more like this?

    Generic Forum Image

    Generic Forum Image

    Generic Forum Image

     

    EDIT: Fixed image

  • User profile image
    figuerres

    GoddersUK said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*

    yuk...

     

    It looks like a cross between art attack and the inside of the tellytubies house...

     

    The bottom image is slightly nicer but still not good.

    Has it *EVER* looked "Good" ?  Lol .... Wink

     

    IMHO it's never been about how it looked on the inside - expect in a few rare shows.

    the thing hals always been the "wow it's really big in here" and "it's a mess and breaks down all the time"

     

    that aside i hope we get the Dr. In the US faster time time, i hate how long it takes for the US SyFi (or what ever they call it now) channel to get the shows from the BBC folks... not blaming the BBC unless they are making it hard.

     

  • User profile image
    Cream​Filling512

    Show was better when the sets would fall apart during the scenes.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.