Coffeehouse Thread

98 posts

Nicely done, Channel 9 (posted by Dr Herbie).

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Charles

Dr Herbie said:
    giovanni said:
    *snip*

Just to note that I 100% approve of the title change.

Nice work all of you.

Herbie

Thanks Smiley

C

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Dr Herbie said:
    giovanni said:
    *snip*

Just to note that I 100% approve of the title change.

Nice work all of you.

Herbie

I'm glad the math geeks liked it...but the rest of us couldn't get in Smiley

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Harlequin said:
    Dr Herbie said:
    *snip*

I am certainly not a maths geek (tried to learn calculus 3 times so far, still don't get it), I thought it was an obvious guess. Smiley

Herbie

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Dr Herbie said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*

I am certainly not a maths geek (tried to learn calculus 3 times so far, still don't get it), I thought it was an obvious guess. Smiley

Herbie

Pretty sure I put 9 in at one point...could have been  a bug

Point is April Fools or not, it had the ability to shut down the site for some for an entire day....not a good thing.

• User profile image
    Bass

Dr Herbie said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*

Herbie

It's really worth learning. Not so much how to solve integrals by hand (Mathematica is better then you'll ever be), but at least understanding the fundamental theorem at a philosophical level. Are there specific parts of Calculus you are having difficulty understanding?

• User profile image
    Charles

Dovella said:

Generic Forum Image

Watching this movie right now (for the nth time...) Smiley
    C

• User profile image
    Charles

Harlequin said:
    Dr Herbie said:
    *snip*

Jamie did! Smiley

When all else fails, just guess 9. It's a very special number..

C

• User profile image
    Charles

Dr Herbie said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*

Herbie

And you were right! The beautiful thing in all of this is that you didn't even need math to "solve" the complex mathematical expression. Well done!
    C

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.