Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Asus, you are a giant bag of  stupid

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

I paid good god damn money for a farking motherboard, and when I decide to update to win7 why the fark all do I have to download a stupid a$$ p2p app just to get a driver?

In the past, I would have suggested ASUS motherboards to people who might be building a machine on their own, but from this day forward, I will never, ever buy anything from their third world chintzy piece of shiite company. 

Eee pc?  I've always wanted one, I'll never, ever buy one. 

I'd rather buy a spiral notebook and draw windows icons on the first page than suck the giant back of d*cks that it takes to get any kind of help out of them.

I honestly wish they were an endangered animal, so I could hunt them to extinction.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

Ok, ok, I think you're overreacting. Did you miss the dialog asking you if you want to try the "new thing", if you say no, you get it thru HTTP. Yes P2P in this case sounds a bit absurd, it's not very smart with small files.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

I let WindowsUpdat install most of the drivers. Except the NVidia ones.

• User profile image
    ManipUni

Gigabyte still make good stuff.

• User profile image
    bureX

ZippyV said:

I let WindowsUpdat install most of the drivers. Except the NVidia ones.

Last time I did that, my HP ProtectSmart driver stopped working Sad

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Aren't the drivers available for download from ASUS's (poorly written) support site? The site may be slow and riddled with Javascript bugs, but I've never had any showstoppers getting in the way of downloading drivers.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

W3bbo said:

Aren't the drivers available for download from ASUS's (poorly written) support site? The site may be slow and riddled with Javascript bugs, but I've never had any showstoppers getting in the way of downloading drivers.

And besides, the only software I can imagine downloading from them is the utility tools (which I never get), or BIOS updates. You don't get drivers from them.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Ion Todirel said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*

And besides, the only software I can imagine downloading from them is the utility tools (which I never get), or BIOS updates. You don't get drivers from them.

I had to get my HostRAID drivers from there because Adaptec doesn't make their drivers available to end-consumers, it's one of those strictly-OEM things.

I was eventually burned by HostRAID (it kept on reporting the second drive had failed if the computer ever lost power, I got sick of spending 10 hours to rebuild the array which eventually started causing BSODs so I went back to non-RAID disks).

• User profile image
    ManipUni

Ion Todirel said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*

Some motherboard tools can be useful. SMART monitoring for example.

• User profile image
    turrican

*lol* I always like a nice and healthy "tech rage".

Smiley

• User profile image
    elmer

W3bbo said:

I've also never had a problem actually downloading from ASUS, although I've had trouble finding the required file to download.

From memory, one of the options available from the ASUS support site is to download from  "Global (DLM)"

As the name suggests, it involves a Download Manager... which you need to install - probably the usual akamai deal.

However, there are normally multiple alternate standard http download options also available.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

Reminds me of Abode or Apple. And there is no way to download the file and install it by myself.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.