Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Adult Toys.....

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    magicalclick

I am sure it is apparent that iPad would sell because it is catagorized as adult toys. I think it is important to stress this marketing approach. Because MS is a software company and we get it. But, in the case of entertainment devision, it is obvious MS needs to make/deisgn the hardware themselves. And it is certain that you can't just sell OS to adult toys because the hardware vendors are too lazy to do it properly. For example, the Xbox and Zune. They are both entertainment devices that has build-in software to run it, and which is a standard requirement for adult toys anyway.

I really hope MS can take a look at their entertainment devision and see if there is a need to release a new adult toy to the market. It certainly seems like adult toys are getting more popular, so, maybe there are something needs to be done? Windows is a high level experience, and that's how MS gets its popularity. I hope MS remember that high level experience is really important to keep this company going. Sure I get the feeling they want to disappear and do those backend stuff, but, that's not what MS is started for.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Microsoft has already released an adult toy. It's called Windows Media Player.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

SlackmasterK said:

Microsoft has already released an adult toy. It's called Windows Media Player.

That's old, we need new one.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    SlackmasterK

magicalclick said:
    SlackmasterK said:
    *snip*

That's old, we need new one.

Windows Media Center?  Boxee?  Smiley

• User profile image
    ManipUni

Why can the iPad only be an adult toy? Apple could likely spend a million and add half a dozen kid friendly apps to it by default and flog it as a kiddie toy too. Kids already love the iPhone since the interface is so intuitive - I've seen little kids play some of the kids apps on the phone, they love it.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

ManipUni said:

Why can the iPad only be an adult toy? Apple could likely spend a million and add half a dozen kid friendly apps to it by default and flog it as a kiddie toy too. Kids already love the iPhone since the interface is so intuitive - I've seen little kids play some of the kids apps on the phone, they love it.

Oh, that's because of the price and the level of techiness. In my mind, kid stuff would consist of 100bucks top price + spongbob cover. Although spongbob is somewhat adult oriented, but, you get the point.

Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.