Coffeehouse Thread

18 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

VS2010 RTM is near?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jmzl666

VS2010 RC is unavailable in MSDN for download (for subscribers), I hope they are getting ready to drop the binaries and update the page.  I cant wait for this release, I've been using VS2010 full time for almost a month and it feels great and TFS2010 its just marvelous.

Juan Zamudio

• User profile image
    vesuvius
  • User profile image
    figuerres

vesuvius said:

the 12 is the "public date"

one thing is that they may have locked out downloads due to the upcoming release and the timing.

also MSDN subs may get the RTM before the general public.

One way or the other it will be there by the weekend of the 16th i am sure.

we will just have to wait and see..... perhaps later this week we will get it.

• User profile image
    vesuvius

figuerres said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*

the 12 is the "public date"

one thing is that they may have locked out downloads due to the upcoming release and the timing.

also MSDN subs may get the RTM before the general public.

One way or the other it will be there by the weekend of the 16th i am sure.

we will just have to wait and see..... perhaps later this week we will get it.

Well I hope it is soon, I have a subscription (via work) and am itching to use Dev 10. I have been under an immense amount of deadlines thus was not courageous enough to move to the RC full time, especially since we initially ended having to go back to .NET 3.5 because they released the blend bits late.

I need the Entity Framework 4.0 like there is no tomorrow. I am using Linq to SQL compact (hand editing way) client side and have requirements that are being made up as we go along, so just being able to reverse engineer a database schema change in 10 seconds would be timely.

• User profile image
    intelman

Office 2010 is coming soon as well. 

• User profile image
    ZippyV

I can still download the RC.

• User profile image
    jmzl666

ZippyV said:

I can still download the RC.

You are correct, it appears that it was only a server issue, and for this event http://www.devconnections.com/shows/SP2010VS/default.asp?s=144 (I cant create link) I think even MSDN subscribers will get it on April 12th, creating a launch event to release it early does not make much sense.

Juan Zamudio

• User profile image
    figuerres

jmzl666 said:
    ZippyV said:
    *snip*

You are correct, it appears that it was only a server issue, and for this event http://www.devconnections.com/shows/SP2010VS/default.asp?s=144 (I cant create link) I think even MSDN subscribers will get it on April 12th, creating a launch event to release it early does not make much sense.

Juan Zamudio

I bet that they will start updating the content befroe the 12th as it normally takes at least a day for all the msdn download servers to get new images. so today is still rather too soon but friday night and sunday night start checking.....

in the past a new version for a major release would hit msdn downloads on a friday pm so that we could have the images over the weekend.

many of us can't go to the event but will want to install and you don't want to do that on a monday....  but we shall see...

• User profile image
    jmzl666

figuerres said:
    jmzl666 said:
    *snip*

I bet that they will start updating the content befroe the 12th as it normally takes at least a day for all the msdn download servers to get new images. so today is still rather too soon but friday night and sunday night start checking.....

in the past a new version for a major release would hit msdn downloads on a friday pm so that we could have the images over the weekend.

many of us can't go to the event but will want to install and you don't want to do that on a monday....  but we shall see...

I think we will have VS2010 until monday, this is a warning in the msdn site.

Scheduled Maintenance

Duration (GMT-8): Friday, April 09, 2010 5:00:00 PM To (GMT-8): Monday, April 12, 2010 6:00:00 AM

Well, they wanted an Apple like event (product released during the event)

Happy downloading in monday.

Juan Zamudio

• User profile image
    Charles

jmzl666 said:
    figuerres said:
    *snip*

Scheduled Maintenance

Duration (GMT-8): Friday, April 09, 2010 5:00:00 PM To (GMT-8): Monday, April 12, 2010 6:00:00 AM

Juan Zamudio

Remember to tune into C9 Live on Monday and Tuesday. Tweet your questions in real time!

C

• User profile image
    Bas

Charles said:
    jmzl666 said:
    *snip*

Remember to tune into C9 Live on Monday and Tuesday. Tweet your questions in real time!

C

There's no longer an option to post questions for the show in a dedicated forum thread? Too bad. Can the geographically challenged tweet questions in advance?

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Charles said:
    jmzl666 said:
    *snip*

C

Not everyone want a Twitter account.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Charles said:
    jmzl666 said:
    *snip*

C

Yes, the whole 'live' thing does jar a bit when you have an international site.

(And with people who have to work for a living and can't spend their Monday's watching internet events).

Herbie

• User profile image
    rhm

jmzl666 said:
    figuerres said:
    *snip*

Scheduled Maintenance

Juan Zamudio

I'm looking forward to the VS2010 final release. I've been using the RC quite a bit at home recently and it's great, but did anyone else notice a bug whereby every half hour or so, VS bring itself to second in the window order, or top if it was minimized? I actually hope they don't fix that because it reminds me to get back on with programming when I'm wasting time browsing Smiley

• User profile image
    felix9

oh, this count-down page is NOT time-zone aware .... always GMT-8 ?

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/watch-it-live

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

felix9 said:

Anyone going to the London Launch?

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

I guess we have a party tomorrow Smiley

• User profile image
    CKurt

felix9 said:

Nope and it's not even counting down to the launch time. Just untill the day (today) so it now says 0hours0minutes0seconds...

Then again it does not have to be local since they launch it in Las Vegas at e givin time, so everybody in the world needs to wait until then...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.