Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Exchange 2010 and Mailbox Server

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    CKurt

http://howtoexchange.wordpress.com/2009/08/24/configuring-and-managing-mailbox-database-in-exchange-server-2010/

I really hope somebody can help me:
    To create a new user mailbox in Exchange 2010 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 I need to select a "Mailbox Server" and the 'browse' dialog keeps on being empty.

How can I populate that dialog so i can select 'localhost' to be the server of the MailBox Database? (Have been searching for it for 5 ours now ans it's killing me)

Do I need SQL Server?  That doesn't come with Windows Server 2008 does it ?

This is the dialog that's empty:
    Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    intelman

What is your setup anyways? Pretty sure you need a SQL server.

• User profile image
    CKurt

intelman said:

A Windows Server 2008 R2 running:
    # DHCP
    # Routing and Ras
    # IIS
    # Active Directory Domain Services

Also installed: Exchange Server 2010 with all prerequesitions

(We are replaceing Windows Server 2003 Small Business server with the current setup. It's new hardware to so we had to do a clean install of the OS)

• User profile image
    DCMonkey

intelman said:

Exchange 2010 doesn't use SQL Server (nor does any previous version). They did apparently consider and even test it this time around though:

http://www.infoworld.com/d/data-management/microsoft-admits-it-tested-sql-server-store-exchange-2010-620

• User profile image
    CKurt

DCMonkey said:
    intelman said:
    *snip*

Exchange 2010 doesn't use SQL Server (nor does any previous version). They did apparently consider and even test it this time around though:

http://www.infoworld.com/d/data-management/microsoft-admits-it-tested-sql-server-store-exchange-2010-620

Found the problem, did not install the Mailbox Server Role in the Exchange setup somehow (relaunch the installer will bring you to 'edit' mode where you can select additional roles, a screen that never pops up during first install)

• User profile image
    W3bbo

CKurt said:
    DCMonkey said:
    *snip*

Found the problem, did not install the Mailbox Server Role in the Exchange setup somehow (relaunch the installer will bring you to 'edit' mode where you can select additional roles, a screen that never pops up during first install)

lol.

• User profile image
    CKurt

W3bbo said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*

lol.

Jup, I'm that stupid Tongue Out

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.