Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

about Videos

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    cold0zero

I want to Ask about Videos

can I downloads and watch it on my own Hard drive

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

no

• User profile image
    cold0zero

why not

i can't watch them on the net

• User profile image
    Jaz

it'll be coming soon.

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

I once have been able to download videos (the last one I downloaded was the "Monkeydance starring Steve ballmer Wink and for some reason IE only gave me the option to watch on the internet or watch in Windows Media. Which sucks because now adays W Media won't let you save videos if you have to connect to the internet to get them.

• User profile image
    androidi

I agree that it's good to have them downloadable but with this reasoning (for "broadband" users):

I rather use 5 minutes to download 1 minute video with good quality than use 1:1 for quality for low speed connections.

Suppose bandwidth was less expensive for MS, they could create a video subscription that pushed the interviews in the subscribers download queue in an almost original quality. I would have no problem with that, as currently I am not viewing the interview videos on the second they appear anyway. Using proper QoS the video download would not make applications which require low latency any less responsive.

Even if there is not much "true broadband" at homes, there should be services made for these speeds. Infrastructure is there, we just need something to utilize it in full. Most of the "broadband" I see sold here is something like <2 Mbit.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.