Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Dear MS: Any chance of a free version of InTune for family Admins?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Massif

See now, Intune looks awesome; but it's aimed at business users.

I would like something similar to avoid the annoyance of having to fix/patch/etc... my parent's/sisters/brothers/mother-in-laws PC every time I see them (or the even greater annoyance of trying to remotely fix and diagnose over the phone).

Any love for us Family Administrators?

• User profile image
    giovanni

+1.

Every time I visit my parents, I spend the evening patching and fixing silly things. And they both have a laptop!

One thing isn't clear to me, what business size is this service targeting?

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

giovanni said:

+1.

Every time I visit my parents, I spend the evening patching and fixing silly things. And they both have a laptop!

One thing isn't clear to me, what business size is this service targeting?

Small ones I think:

Achieve big-tech results with a small-tech investment.

Designed to fit businesses without a large IT infrastructure, Windows Intune is an all-in-one solution that includes PC management, malware protection, and Windows upgrades rolled into one easy purchase. With minimal overhead, simple billing, and no formal training required, it's easy to get started and maintain.

From: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsintune/windowsintune-top-10-reasons.aspx

• User profile image
    giovanni

GoddersUK said:
    giovanni said:
    *snip*

Small ones I think:

Achieve big-tech results with a small-tech investment.

Designed to fit businesses without a large IT infrastructure, Windows Intune is an all-in-one solution that includes PC management, malware protection, and Windows upgrades rolled into one easy purchase. With minimal overhead, simple billing, and no formal training required, it's easy to get started and maintain.

From: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsintune/windowsintune-top-10-reasons.aspx

Yes, exept that for me small means 10 to 25 PCs, for other it means 50 to 200!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.