Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Softies in Danger ... and Many Others!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    intelman

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36722426/ns/health-infectious_diseases

That creeps me out. New dangerous creepies keep popping up. It is perhaps spreading to Washington and California. I am sure the likely hood of getting it is low, but still, I find it quite scary.

• User profile image
    sammm

I have already locked the doors and loaded my shotgun.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

shivers, remainds of House, and some died painfully because of those fungus.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    intelman

When I read stories like this it freaks me out quite a bit for a while. Then I evntually convince myself it will not happen to me ... etc. The thing is if it did, 25% chance of death is pretty high, that is not cool. Once you have you have it.

Just like the brain eating amoeba. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21034344/

You never think you will get it, but if you did, you ar just screwed.

"Once infected, most people have little chance of survival. Some drugs have stopped the amoeba in lab experiments, but people who have been attacked rarely survive, Beach said."

I think the airborne fungus is quite a bit more dangerous, as it has a higher likely hood of infecting more. You just have to breathe and it has to be present.

• User profile image
    RLO

Call Mulder and Scully, seems like they have experience with this.

http://www.tv.com/the-x-files/firewalker/episode/523/summary.html

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Oh my god!

Quick, quick! What product must I buy to be safe from this threat?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Maddus Mattus said:

Oh my god!

Quick, quick! What product must I buy to be safe from this threat?

You must buy a Mac, obviously. Didn't you see those ads? Macs protect you from viruses.

• User profile image
    Bas

Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    spivonious

"people and other animals get it from inhaling spores released by samples of the fungus that infect trees."

Just don't inhale any fungus spores and you'll be safe.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

spivonious said:

"people and other animals get it from inhaling spores released by samples of the fungus that infect trees."

Just don't inhale any fungus spores and you'll be safe.

Stop breathing entirely -- it's the only way to be safe.

Herbie

• User profile image
    intelman

Dr Herbie said:
    spivonious said:
    *snip*

Stop breathing entirely -- it's the only way to be safe.

Herbie

That's basically it.

• User profile image
    Cream​Filling512

Heh they make it seem like 1 in every 4 people die from this.  But it's really, a total of 4 people got it so far, and 1 died.  Seems like it could just as well be a fluke?

• User profile image
    exoteric

CreamFilling512 said:

Heh they make it seem like 1 in every 4 people die from this.  But it's really, a total of 4 people got it so far, and 1 died.  Seems like it could just as well be a fluke?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.