Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

HP buys Palm

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ray7

Well, I wasn't expecting that.

Good news. A half-decent mobile OS may finally get a management team that knows what it's doing.

• User profile image
    Ray7

I have a feeling that the next version of the HP Slate won't be running any version of Windows.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

Ray7 said:

I have a feeling that the next version of the HP Slate won't be running any version of Windows.

Well, someone has to buy it. Now, if Dell is smart, they know HP is going to spend a lot more time on re-organization on this aquisition. Dell and other competitors would really have a head start on this.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    bureX

HP did the right thing... now they only have to create a sexy device or two running webOS and they have themselves a customer.

• User profile image
    Ray7

bureX said:

HP did the right thing... now they only have to create a sexy device or two running webOS and they have themselves a customer.

And that seems to be the plan. They've canned the HP Slate ....  Big Smile

The real problem they face is development support. Palm never really got going on this, but perhaps that was because developers were expecting them to fail at any second. With HP's name behind them, perhaps they'll do better. Or perhaps it's time to drop the Palm name altogether.

Strangely enough, Elevation Partners seems to have made a small profit out of the deal, so Bono has enough loose change to fund his music hobby.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.