Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Ellen's iPhone Commercial

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ray7

    Here's the much talked about iPhone spoof, courtesy of Ellen Degeneres.

     

     

    And here's Ellen's apology after a phone call from the Cupertino Mafia.

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

  • User profile image
    elmer

    Ellen should have known better...

     

    Decree #2458-12.9: It's never funny to make jokes about Apple products.

     

    It's only funny when Apple makes jokes about PCs... officially sanctioned: iLaugh

     

  • User profile image
    Evok

    I can see why they'd be mad about this. It seems like this fool is trying to make the iphone out to be something really complicated and hard  to use, thus tarnishing the usability image for no reason other than trying to make a joke out of nothing.

  • User profile image
    magicalclick

    elmer said:

    Ellen should have known better...

     

    Decree #2458-12.9: It's never funny to make jokes about Apple products.

     

    It's only funny when Apple makes jokes about PCs... officially sanctioned: iLaugh

     

    yup...... and if I remember correctly, Apple has patent that only they can make fun of competitor's products under patent #248864.

     

    Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Ray7

    Evok said:

    I can see why they'd be mad about this. It seems like this fool is trying to make the iphone out to be something really complicated and hard  to use, thus tarnishing the usability image for no reason other than trying to make a joke out of nothing.

    Dunno. I have an iPod Touch and regularly hit the wrong key with average sized fingers. I didn't think the skit was all that funny, but she was right about the keyboard.

     

  • User profile image
    Dovella

    Ray7 said:
    Evok said:
    *snip*

    Dunno. I have an iPod Touch and regularly hit the wrong key with average sized fingers. I didn't think the skit was all that funny, but she was right about the keyboard.

     

    OK 

     

    CLICK Big Smile

     

    call me Big Smile

  • User profile image
    Ray7

    Dovella said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*

    OK 

     

    CLICK Big Smile

     

    call me Big Smile

    Yeah okay, thanks for that

     

  • User profile image
    Dovella

    Ray7 said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*

    Yeah okay, thanks for that

     

    I'm sorry. But it has become too funny Apple tease

  • User profile image
    Erwin Blonk

    Evok said:

    I can see why they'd be mad about this. It seems like this fool is trying to make the iphone out to be something really complicated and hard  to use, thus tarnishing the usability image for no reason other than trying to make a joke out of nothing.

    Really? If it's that easy to kill iPhone sales, maybe it isn't that good after all.

     

    Apple's real problem is that they have been able to portray themselves as the nice-and-friendly company, out there fighting the good fight for Joe Average. As they have actually got into the Joe Average market, they find that it's hard to keep up the shiny image. But, a few years ago, the stop-or-we-will-sue your-* letter by their lawyers to the girl that thought it was awesome to send them a design for an iPod cover (or something to that effect) was the first sign they found you cannot be the customer's friend and control everything that's going on outside your company.

    In the early 2000's, I was turned off by Microsoft. After that, Apple's shenanigans was one of the bigger factors that made me re-examine and find that Microsoft is actually a decent company that knows how to navigate between the close and open side. Not perfectly but good enough.

     

    To think I was this close to buying an Apple last november.....

  • User profile image
    wkempf

    Evok said:

    I can see why they'd be mad about this. It seems like this fool is trying to make the iphone out to be something really complicated and hard  to use, thus tarnishing the usability image for no reason other than trying to make a joke out of nothing.

    Can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. I hope the latter.

  • User profile image
    Ray7

    wkempf said:
    Evok said:
    *snip*

    Can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. I hope the latter.

    No, I think he was serious.

     

    Remembering Apple's 'PC vs Mac' ads makes me think that they're being childish and a tad hypocritical.

     

    And you can say what you like about MS, but at least the company has a sense of humour.

     

  • User profile image
    magicalclick

    Ray7 said:
    wkempf said:
    *snip*

    No, I think he was serious.

     

    Remembering Apple's 'PC vs Mac' ads makes me think that they're being childish and a tad hypocritical.

     

    And you can say what you like about MS, but at least the company has a sense of humour.

     

    O!!!! dude, this is so awsome. I totally want one. One thing I can really do is, make it a ^ shape and use it as an protable gamming controller. Big Smile

    Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Evok

    wkempf said:
    Evok said:
    *snip*

    Can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. I hope the latter.

    Why would I be sarcastic? That's exactly what this is. Are you seriously trying to suggest that the iphone is hard to use, or at least as hard as this attempted joke tries to make it seem?

  • User profile image
    magicalclick

    Evok said:
    wkempf said:
    *snip*

    Why would I be sarcastic? That's exactly what this is. Are you seriously trying to suggest that the iphone is hard to use, or at least as hard as this attempted joke tries to make it seem?

    I hope Apple themselve would think that way before they trash talk everywhere.

    Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Ray7

    magicalclick said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*

    O!!!! dude, this is so awsome. I totally want one. One thing I can really do is, make it a ^ shape and use it as an protable gamming controller. Big Smile

    Yeah, some MS skits miss the mark, but that one is a rare treat.

  • User profile image
    Bas

    The spoof itself wasn't that amazing, but I have to say, I've never seen someone squirm so embarassingly on public television like in that second clip.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.