Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Firefox 4

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    elmer

3.7 == 3.6.4 and 3.7 == 4.0

Leaving aside that bit of confusement, the rest of the story looks interesting... with a bonus pretty slideshow.

http://beltzner.ca/mike/2010/05/10/firefox-4-fast-powerful-and-empowering/ 

• User profile image
    Cream​Filling512

I bet every browser maker has a planning deck with that exact same points on it.

• User profile image
    elmer

CreamFilling512 said:

I bet every browser maker has a planning deck with that exact same points on it.

Yes, the most interesting slide is #27 - release target Nov.

• User profile image
    intelman

If the browser looks half as good as the concepts, it'll be amazing. The nightlies with directwrite already are addictive.

• User profile image
    stun

I wish they go with Google Chrome's style tabs because it is *easier* to click.

Just move your mouse to the very top of the screen.

With Opera 10.5 and FireFox 4 style tabs, you have to *aim* your mouse onto the tab.

I am a keyboard person 99% of the time so I use Ctrl + # most of the time.

But sometimes, I use the mouse to change the Tab, and I'd love it if the tabs were designed exactly like Google Chrome.

Call it copying or whatever, I don't care. But I don't want any "whitespace" between the tabs and the top edge of the screen.

• User profile image
    ManipUni

So Microsoft rips off Apple's designs and Mozilla rips off Micorosft's and Google's?

• User profile image
    kettch

stun said:

I wish they go with Google Chrome's style tabs because it is *easier* to click.

Just move your mouse to the very top of the screen.

With Opera 10.5 and FireFox 4 style tabs, you have to *aim* your mouse onto the tab.

I am a keyboard person 99% of the time so I use Ctrl + # most of the time.

But sometimes, I use the mouse to change the Tab, and I'd love it if the tabs were designed exactly like Google Chrome.

Call it copying or whatever, I don't care. But I don't want any "whitespace" between the tabs and the top edge of the screen.

I've softened on the idea of tabs at the top, but do not interfere with my window chrome. It introduces an unacceptable level of inconsistency. Passive stuff like the labeling that Office does is ok, as long as it doesn't interfere with the normal window functionality.

• User profile image
    stevo_

ManipUni said:

So Microsoft rips off Apple's designs and Mozilla rips off Micorosft's and Google's?

What did Microsoft rip off Apple?

• User profile image
    intelman

stevo_ said:
    ManipUni said:
    *snip*

What did Microsoft rip off Apple?

I think things would look better if Microsoft ripped off Apple.

• User profile image
    Bass

intelman said:

If the browser looks half as good as the concepts, it'll be amazing. The nightlies with directwrite already are addictive.

You can get a theme that transforms Firefox 3.6 into a quazi-replica of the Firefox 4 concept. I actually use this theme on Windows.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.