Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

what gonna be the happiest thing to you this year?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    footballism

tell us about your happiest thing this year,it might not happen,or it has happened,whatsoever,just tell us something which can make ur day...

• User profile image
    rhm

In personal terms: getting the product I'm working on shipped.

In Microsoft terms: dare I say it - getting VS2005 in my hands Smiley

• User profile image
    Arran

Personal: My first child is due to be born in June.

Work: Hopfully getting our entire workflow system converted to .NET...no more reading old 16bit apps and VB6 COM objects.

• User profile image
    Tensor

Personal - my first child was born LAST June and it continues to amaze me just how happy the little blighter makes me!

Work - Looking froward to getting hold of VSTS and the class designer. Want want want want!

• User profile image
    j0217995

Personal:  My wife and I just bought our first house.  So we are busy working on organizing/cleaning and all the joys of home ownership

WorK:  Successful deployment of IP Telephony system enterprise wide in two weeks.

• User profile image
    footballism

Personal:I still ain't have girl friend,and that's why my mom has pushed me so hard:"gosh,you have to hurry up...".so If I can have a girl who just say:"you are a nice guy,I really love you so much",that will be somewhat happy thing.but that's not the happiest thing to me.bcos I'm pious soccer fan,so to me the most happiest thing this year is that AC Milan could make their way to the UCL final,and beat Chelsea in the final with a convincing 4-0 or 5-0 advantage,and I really wanna know how the arrogant Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho jived with his loss:)Smiley:),that would be my happiest thing this year:)Smiley:)

work:I really wanna quit my current job and to find another more interesting and high-paid one,that's something really hard to me,but I will try,hopefully I CAN MAKE IT:)Smiley:)Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Personal: Getting a better idea regarding my future what with my AS results

Dev Work: VS2005... Rock on!

However, I'm still waiting Academic Pricing news (or if they'll even release VS2005 as an academic product, I'd hate it if they just made us get the "Express" versions or make the Academic version a subset of Professional..)

• User profile image
    mrservices

Personal: Read all of the Holy Bible.

Work: Be more productive at work.

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

Personal: Tryout for and make the soccer team at university next year.

Work: Complete my killer business app in Avalon/Indigo/WinFX.

• User profile image
    Andrei P

footballism wrote:

tell us about your happiest thing this year,it might not happen,or it has happened,whatsoever,just tell us something which can make ur day...

Survival.

Actually this year I have three main objectives:

- getting a decent grade on some big exams I have this summer;
    - after objective no. 1: making the best out of the freelance work I'm doing;
    - MCAD

Though, the biggest change in my life would probably be next year:

- immigration!

• User profile image
    footballism

Andrei P. wrote:

- immigration!

to which country do you plan to immigrate?

• User profile image
    SorinD

Personal:
    Approaching. Finalizing acquisition and organization of things in my new home (where I live with my girlfriend).

Work:
    Launching our first product (DlhSoft Portal), which is supposed to be a nice integrated mix between a peer-to-peer document management software and a team-based task management system. We are currently in the final steps of the development phasis, and are planning a public beta version for the product later this month or in early May.

• User profile image
    Andrei P

footballism wrote:
    Andrei P. wrote:
    - immigration!

to which country do you plan to immigrate?

In which country could I accommodate better than US? Smiley
    Also I have a few relatives and friends there, and to be honest: I love US a whole lot. Online, my contacts are of different nationalities, but (without offending anyone) I tend to believe that the US life style is the one I love the most.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.