Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

RSS feeds and attachments

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    CplCarrot

I am hoping someone can enlighten me about the random behavior my RSS reader (Newsgator) is showing.

Sometimes the videos get downloaded as attachments to the video posting and sometimes not. For instance the SOA video was downloaded not once but twice but the Indego was not. Can anyone understand the RSS XML and enlighten me on any differences that could cause this.

Cheers

Charlie

• User profile image
    Charles

I see only one enclosure element in the SOA video RSS. Can you elaborate more on the behavior you are experiencing?

Thanks,
    C

• User profile image
    CplCarrot

Charles wrote:
    I see only one enclosure element in the SOA video RSS. Can you elaborate more on the behavior you are experiencing?

Thanks,
    C

I think on reflection the double download was caused by Newsgator miss-identifying it as 2 different posts. so the only difference is that some videos get included in the enclosure element and some dont.

Still it means there is something for me to do when I get home - the anticipation will be good for me.

Charlie

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.