Coffeehouse Thread

20 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

google evil practice

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    peterwillcn

    google evil practice, the results of using open source profit, and undermine the standard jdk. but did not back the open source community, and if so, I would rather work and life applications, easy to use and perfect use of Microsoft products. In programming using the open source community learning products. Evil google.

  • User profile image
    Harlequin

    Nooooooo idea what you're saying Smiley

  • User profile image
    JoshRoss

    I think that he is trying to say that Google, Java, and Richard M. Stallman are in someway quantumly entangled in an unholy trinity of 11th degree Communism. And, that Microsoft, with it's capitalistic-family safe legion of holy .Net coders, will teach these bassturds a thing or two, once the day of judgement comes this December.  Or is it next December?

  • User profile image
    elmer

    I guess this is an "English is not my first language" thing, but honestly... a Mad Libs sentence generator would make more sense.

  • User profile image
    turrican

    Well, what exactly did you really expect from a "FOR PROFIT CORPORATION"? Look, don't get me wrong, I dislike the whole open source, socialistic religion thingy going on which its aim is to divide and conquer, but I do see your point.

     

    You guys are very naive imho, like little children ( not you specifically but the open source community ). You think big corporations... let me rephrase that, you think HUGE corporations would give a flying f*** about your precious open source? There is only and only one agenda, to make profit and to grow. It's that simple.

     

    If making profit means stepping on your little open source toes, you can bet your bottom dollar that it's exactly what they will do.

     

    This whole Google is not Evil is just a PR, Google playing cute little puppy.

     

    Wake up and smell and taste the coffee of real world. It is utterly bitter with no sugar on top!

     

    ( ...there is also the aspect of big brother thingy going on over there at Google, but that's a whole 'nother subject which borders to politics so I won't derail the thread with it. )

     

    sheesh... I don't know if there is any hope for the human race frankly, when each period, they think they are all so smart and all with tech stuff, yet they can not see simplest things that are done to them to manipulate and take control over them. It's just such a sad state of affairs that if I could, I would have moved to Mars and never looked back.

  • User profile image
    Harlequin

    turrican said:

    Well, what exactly did you really expect from a "FOR PROFIT CORPORATION"? Look, don't get me wrong, I dislike the whole open source, socialistic religion thingy going on which its aim is to divide and conquer, but I do see your point.

     

    You guys are very naive imho, like little children ( not you specifically but the open source community ). You think big corporations... let me rephrase that, you think HUGE corporations would give a flying f*** about your precious open source? There is only and only one agenda, to make profit and to grow. It's that simple.

     

    If making profit means stepping on your little open source toes, you can bet your bottom dollar that it's exactly what they will do.

     

    This whole Google is not Evil is just a PR, Google playing cute little puppy.

     

    Wake up and smell and taste the coffee of real world. It is utterly bitter with no sugar on top!

     

    ( ...there is also the aspect of big brother thingy going on over there at Google, but that's a whole 'nother subject which borders to politics so I won't derail the thread with it. )

     

    sheesh... I don't know if there is any hope for the human race frankly, when each period, they think they are all so smart and all with tech stuff, yet they can not see simplest things that are done to them to manipulate and take control over them. It's just such a sad state of affairs that if I could, I would have moved to Mars and never looked back.

    I brought this up when "Google OS" first came out...and it was based on Linux. What does the Linux community have to say...and the guys/girls who spend their free time making a neat operating system that is open source, and it gets scooped up like that? They make no money helping on the project, and Google will now mke billions off their hard work.

     

    Lame...

     

    ...unless I'm missing a part of the puzzle...

  • User profile image
    magicalclick

    Harlequin said:

    Nooooooo idea what you're saying Smiley

    If he repost it in Chinese, I can translate into Traditional Chinese in Bing and repost a human readable English version. Smiley

    Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    magicalclick

    Back to topic. Yeah, open source is never a good thing. I mean, if you watch the history of Bill Gates, he is the main person who advocate copyright on software when software had been stolen everywhere. Of course, open source on the other hand is purely vulentary. If they want their labor being stolen by Google legally, well, that's their choice.

     

    But, I hope they understand this. Don't kill someone else job!!!! I mean, maybe you have rich parents, large sum of inherited money, a high paying job, you don't care about money, or etc. You think you can make these things for free as contribution. However, this only resultig you taken away other people's job. What you did for free was originally a job possition for someone else. If you did it for free, the job is no longer needed and this person will lose his opportunity. I have being saying this to lottery winners. Don't keep your job if you win a loto because someone need the job more than you.

     

    People are naive thinking they are generous, but, there is always negative impact if you look further.  If you want to vulentarily share your code, keep in mind that you are taking away someone else's job in the same time. What you did is actually evil. Keep that in mind.

     

    I think there are many books explained this simple concept of good and evil. What is good is not necessary good. And what is evil is not necessary evil. I don't read book, so I can't offer a good reference to read. However, a simple yin+yang symbol explained everything. The center of good is actually darkness. Evaluate your actions carefully.

     

    Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    turrican

    Harlequin said:
    turrican said:
    *snip*

    I brought this up when "Google OS" first came out...and it was based on Linux. What does the Linux community have to say...and the guys/girls who spend their free time making a neat operating system that is open source, and it gets scooped up like that? They make no money helping on the project, and Google will now mke billions off their hard work.

     

    Lame...

     

    ...unless I'm missing a part of the puzzle...

    They are fools with slave mentality.

  • User profile image
    turrican

    magicalclick said:

    Back to topic. Yeah, open source is never a good thing. I mean, if you watch the history of Bill Gates, he is the main person who advocate copyright on software when software had been stolen everywhere. Of course, open source on the other hand is purely vulentary. If they want their labor being stolen by Google legally, well, that's their choice.

     

    But, I hope they understand this. Don't kill someone else job!!!! I mean, maybe you have rich parents, large sum of inherited money, a high paying job, you don't care about money, or etc. You think you can make these things for free as contribution. However, this only resultig you taken away other people's job. What you did for free was originally a job possition for someone else. If you did it for free, the job is no longer needed and this person will lose his opportunity. I have being saying this to lottery winners. Don't keep your job if you win a loto because someone need the job more than you.

     

    People are naive thinking they are generous, but, there is always negative impact if you look further.  If you want to vulentarily share your code, keep in mind that you are taking away someone else's job in the same time. What you did is actually evil. Keep that in mind.

     

    I think there are many books explained this simple concept of good and evil. What is good is not necessary good. And what is evil is not necessary evil. I don't read book, so I can't offer a good reference to read. However, a simple yin+yang symbol explained everything. The center of good is actually darkness. Evaluate your actions carefully.

     

    Indeed... and for some reason "price dumping" is legal in software world. Offering stuff for free with specific intent of driving another business who sells the similar thing out of business. It's no problem if it's free and someone wants to give stuff away, but their intent is so malicious and obvious that it always blows me away how it is accepted as OK.

     

    In no other industry, is it acceptable to work for free. We keep hearing the slave labours in China and other countries. What a bunch of hypocrites.

     

    When I started programming, I had a dream of starting my own business, by making my own software by my own labour and selling it. Being able to survive.

     

    Somewhere along the line, people started to accept the fact that programmers are some kind of new age slaves and must work for free. There even started a huge movement, kind'a like communism, but it's called "open source"... ah yeah, let us all stick it to the big man by working for free!

     

    I lack words, even in my own native language. So very disgusting.

  • User profile image
    magicalclick

    turrican said:
    magicalclick said:
    *snip*

    Indeed... and for some reason "price dumping" is legal in software world. Offering stuff for free with specific intent of driving another business who sells the similar thing out of business. It's no problem if it's free and someone wants to give stuff away, but their intent is so malicious and obvious that it always blows me away how it is accepted as OK.

     

    In no other industry, is it acceptable to work for free. We keep hearing the slave labours in China and other countries. What a bunch of hypocrites.

     

    When I started programming, I had a dream of starting my own business, by making my own software by my own labour and selling it. Being able to survive.

     

    Somewhere along the line, people started to accept the fact that programmers are some kind of new age slaves and must work for free. There even started a huge movement, kind'a like communism, but it's called "open source"... ah yeah, let us all stick it to the big man by working for free!

     

    I lack words, even in my own native language. So very disgusting.

    Well, look at this way, can you utilize open source in your favor? The lisence and law side is hard to understand, but, if you improve yourself on this aspect, I am sure you can find some loophole for your advantage. Cool I am sure those lisences are purely created with loopholes.

    Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    reeb4ever

    All corporations are evil, Chinese, American or Swahili.
    That's just a fact.

     

    With that out of the way, let's take a look at the ideological differences between Google, Apple and Microsoft.

     

    Google believes in the free flow of information. Whether that information has to do with murder, pornography or whatever. I believe that is based in the Russian heritage of one of it's founders Sergey Brin.

     

    Microsoft and Apple will do what it THINKS countries want. If MSFT t thinks the Chinese government wants such and such, it will pre-emptively deliver it to them in hopes of gaining economic ground. There are no hard and fast guidelines to censorship, so it has to guess to an extent. Such cultural parameters change without warning and at a whim. Apple, for example, will give parents a net-nanny type environment over it's products because it thinks that's what people who buy it's products want.

     

    They will either superimpose the values of the employees at the company over the populace or they will grab a small focus group of people who are ultimately who they think are their customers, and superimpose their values and likes over a global target.

     

    Google does not do that. Google operates soley by statistical data. That's what makes Google different, and democratic in a way.

    They are not any less evil than Microsoft, Apple or a defense contractor for example, but their method is different and refreshing and that's what people like about them. Including some Chinese people.

  • User profile image
    turrican

    reeb4ever said:

    All corporations are evil, Chinese, American or Swahili.
    That's just a fact.

     

    With that out of the way, let's take a look at the ideological differences between Google, Apple and Microsoft.

     

    Google believes in the free flow of information. Whether that information has to do with murder, pornography or whatever. I believe that is based in the Russian heritage of one of it's founders Sergey Brin.

     

    Microsoft and Apple will do what it THINKS countries want. If MSFT t thinks the Chinese government wants such and such, it will pre-emptively deliver it to them in hopes of gaining economic ground. There are no hard and fast guidelines to censorship, so it has to guess to an extent. Such cultural parameters change without warning and at a whim. Apple, for example, will give parents a net-nanny type environment over it's products because it thinks that's what people who buy it's products want.

     

    They will either superimpose the values of the employees at the company over the populace or they will grab a small focus group of people who are ultimately who they think are their customers, and superimpose their values and likes over a global target.

     

    Google does not do that. Google operates soley by statistical data. That's what makes Google different, and democratic in a way.

    They are not any less evil than Microsoft, Apple or a defense contractor for example, but their method is different and refreshing and that's what people like about them. Including some Chinese people.

    You failed right here : "Google believes in the free flow of information. Whether that information has to do with murder, pornography or whatever. I believe that is based in the Russian heritage of one of it's founders Sergey Brin."

     

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/netdict/hypocrite "A person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings".

     

    So you say all corps are evil but then you turn and say "Google believes...". haha... good one. and let me also add "...That's what makes Google different, and democratic in a way.".

     

    Smiley

  • User profile image
    reeb4ever

    turrican said:
    reeb4ever said:
    *snip*

    You failed right here : "Google believes in the free flow of information. Whether that information has to do with murder, pornography or whatever. I believe that is based in the Russian heritage of one of it's founders Sergey Brin."

     

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/netdict/hypocrite "A person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings".

     

    So you say all corps are evil but then you turn and say "Google believes...". haha... good one. and let me also add "...That's what makes Google different, and democratic in a way.".

     

    Smiley

  • User profile image
    magicalclick

    reeb4ever said:
    turrican said:
    *snip*

    No need to blah about it. Google doesn't appear to be evil because he is like Robin Hood offering free stuff. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less.

     

    Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    turrican

    reeb4ever said:
    turrican said:
    *snip*

    lolz, messing around people's email and connecting it suddenly to "Buzz" is a HUGE cluster f***. These people are idiots... or very evil and that was a very clear malicious behaviour with no regards to people's wishes, privacy. They take the position that they "own" the people's data completely by acting like that.

     

    ...and for the record, I don't think they are idiots. Go figure.

    Smiley

  • User profile image
    PaoloM

    turrican said:
    reeb4ever said:
    *snip*

    lolz, messing around people's email and connecting it suddenly to "Buzz" is a HUGE cluster f***. These people are idiots... or very evil and that was a very clear malicious behaviour with no regards to people's wishes, privacy. They take the position that they "own" the people's data completely by acting like that.

     

    ...and for the record, I don't think they are idiots. Go figure.

    Smiley

    Why are you guys replying to Chris Rondot, the car-flooder that pretends to be such a big boy?

     

    I wonder if we can geolocate where his posts are coming from. I bet they're still from some .ca (hint, NOT California) domain, possibly in his mother's basement Smiley

  • User profile image
    reeb4everne​ver

    PaoloM said:
    turrican said:
    *snip*

    Why are you guys replying to Chris Rondot, the car-flooder that pretends to be such a big boy?

     

    I wonder if we can geolocate where his posts are coming from. I bet they're still from some .ca (hint, NOT California) domain, possibly in his mother's basement Smiley

    A little paranoid aren't you?

     

    Alas, your fellow is probably trapped in the snowy depths of the Canadian arctic, never to hear a word of American English, or to be free from taxation for an unelected monarchy driven from America in colonial times, nor to see civilized peoples ever again.

     

    Perhaps he is trapped in a blizzard, or perhaps he was eaten by hungry aboriginal peoples on break from selling contraband, pimping prostitutes and running casinos; getting drunk on firewater and taking bribes.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.