Coffeehouse Thread

63 posts

MetroTwit beta is up

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • rhm

blowdart said:

Now if only there was proper retweeting (what is this, 2009?) picture service support, and url shortening and working favouriting and I would switch off Seesmic. The fonts do look better now.

You want the moon on a stick, you do.

• blowdart

rhm said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

You want the moon on a stick, you do.

Heh. Or just add MEF extensibility points for services and I'll knock out my own.

• longzheng

This topic bump is probably bad for my karma but I thought it would be fun to see the progress we've made in the last 10 months or so.

We're getting close to a v1 release with streaming and multi-account support but I think we're far more polished than where how it was when this thread started. Smiley

Feedback of course always welcomed. http://www.metrotwit.com/

• bitdisaster

@longzheng I love the MetroTwit design and I use it for a while now. I even adapted the UI for my current project. I ohope you don't mind.

Great job!!

• Richard.Hein

Cannot start the application - I've submitted a bug report with the full log.  The error is:

Following errors were detected during this operation.
     * [03/05/2011 1:26:22 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (HashValidation)
      - File, beep.mp3, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.
      - Source: System.Deployment
      - Stack trace:
       at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, Hash hash)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, HashCollection hashCollection)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyComponents()
       at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

• Minh

Hey Long, ... if you had coded this w/ HTML, you'd be $40-50 mils richer today? Wink

• longzheng

, Minh wrote

Hey Long, ... if you had coded this w/ HTML, you'd be $40-50 mils richer today? Wink

Except we bet on WPF

• Ray7

, longzheng wrote

*snip*Except we bet on WPF

Any regrets?

• longzheng

, Ray7 wrote

*snip*

Any regrets?

Sure. There's consequences but there's also benefits. I just wish we had better "support" to shift the balance.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.