Coffeehouse Thread

37 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Football world cup

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

Who is going to win? -- I know that Italy will win but you might have a different opinion Tongue Out

• User profile image
    bitdisaster

You should know that soccer is the game where Germany wins in the end  Big Smile

So my bet is for sure Germany!!!

• User profile image
    spivonious

I don't know if I'll recover from the Flyers' Stanley Cup loss in time. Sad

• User profile image
    vesuvius

I can tell who it won't be. It won't be Italy, Germany, Argentina or Brazil and the USA has no chance. There is a country within the British Isles called England that is definitely going to win.

I am sorry to dissapoint you with this rather sad news littleguru, this isn't opinion, it is fact. I always like helping people when their facts may be wrong.

Engaalaaaand!

• User profile image
    PaoloM

vesuvius said:

I can tell who it won't be. It won't be Italy, Germany, Argentina or Brazil and the USA has no chance. There is a country within the British Isles called England that is definitely going to win.

I am sorry to dissapoint you with this rather sad news littleguru, this isn't opinion, it is fact. I always like helping people when their facts may be wrong.

Engaalaaaand!

Besides the obvious fact that Italy will win Smiley, how do we get the games on streaming here in the US? I work during most of the matches!

• User profile image
    OrigamiCar

PaoloM said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*

Besides the obvious fact that Italy will win Smiley, how do we get the games on streaming here in the US? I work during most of the matches!

I'm going to be one of two English people watching the England vs. USA game tomorrow in my local American bar full of American fans. Yeah, should be interesting!

At least if England loose, my friend and I can show the USA fans how real English fans/hooligans trash the bar after a loss! (joke!)

• User profile image
    kettch

PaoloM said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*

I saw the other day that ESPN3 has both live and recorded games available for streaming if you have a partnered ISP, whatever that means. There's a big list of ISP's, maybe yours is on there.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

kettch said:
    PaoloM said:
    *snip*

I saw the other day that ESPN3 has both live and recorded games available for streaming if you have a partnered ISP, whatever that means. There's a big list of ISP's, maybe yours is on there.

Of course it's not Sad

I can't wait until I can ditch Broadstripe, the stupidest ISP ever, that has a monopoly in my area.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Ingurland!

• User profile image
    SpongeBob​SquarePants

PaoloM said:
    kettch said:
    *snip*

Of course it's not Sad

I can't wait until I can ditch Broadstripe, the stupidest ISP ever, that has a monopoly in my area.

I hope Italy don't win. Boring, negative football. 10 men behind the ball. If they do win it will be by penalties and won't be a good advert for football.

My head says Brazil. My heart says England! Anyone but Argentina!

• User profile image
    PaoloM

SpongeBobSquarePants said:
    PaoloM said:
    *snip*

I hope Italy don't win. Boring, negative football. 10 men behind the ball. If they do win it will be by penalties and won't be a good advert for football.

My head says Brazil. My heart says England! Anyone but Argentina!

Except Argentina, while struggling, has probably the best players around right now. England is highly unspectacular but decent, Brazil is not at the usual form.

I think Spain should do ok, Portugal may grow up a bit, this time Smiley and, you know, you cn always have a surprise Smiley

• User profile image
    SpongeBob​SquarePants

PaoloM said:
    SpongeBobSquarePants said:
    *snip*

Except Argentina, while struggling, has probably the best players around right now. England is highly unspectacular but decent, Brazil is not at the usual form.

I think Spain should do ok, Portugal may grow up a bit, this time Smiley and, you know, you cn always have a surprise Smiley

Yeah they do. Pains me to say it as an Englishman but their squad is full of quality.

I had a dream the other night that England scored 4 in the second-half of the final against Argentina to win it. Will have to see what odds I can get for that.

• User profile image
    Zeus

Only Paolo has mentioned Spain, who I definately think will win it. Just saw Argentina, and they look deadly, real team effort today in beating Nigeria.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    blowdart

SharePoint Guy said:

Argantinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Big Smile

I'm a big Barcelona fan, I'm cheering for Argantina because of Messi

Generic Forum Image

No comment

• User profile image
    Bass

blowdart said:
    SharePoint Guy said:
    *snip*

Generic Forum Image

No comment

What an embarrassment for England. Smiley

• User profile image
    littleguru

blowdart said:
    SharePoint Guy said:
    *snip*

Generic Forum Image

No comment

The US goal was LEGENDARY! Wink

• User profile image
    W3bbo

blowdart said:
    SharePoint Guy said:
    *snip*

Generic Forum Image

No comment

Actually, the New York Post "1-1 Win" thing is actually a reference to an earlier headline.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.