Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

KILL THIS FUNCTION DARN IT!!! ALT+F4 on taskbar!!! !"#¤@£$

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    turrican

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... so I got a ton of stuff going on, alt-tabbing like mad and working... somehow inbetween, the taskbar gets the focus.... and I press ALT+F4.... BAM!!!!! NO WARNING, NO QUESTION ASK, NO NOTHING..... GOODBYE!!..... SO LONG!!!!!!!!...... the !"#¤@£$$@£$ closes everything and logs me off!!!!!!!!

WHO MADE ALT+F4 WORK ON TASKBAR TO LOG-OFF? KIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THIS FUNCTION!!!!!

!"#@£$@£$

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

WHO MADE ALT+F4 WORK ON TASKBAR TO LOG-OFF?

No one did. It's supposed to show the shutdown dialog. If it didn't, something is wrong on your system.

• User profile image
    rhm

lol

• User profile image
    turrican

Sven Groot said:

*snip*

No one did. It's supposed to show the shutdown dialog. If it didn't, something is wrong on your system.

I'm afraid that nothing is wrong with my system. I am logged in as a non-admin user so I only have "Log off" and "Switch user" enabled in the start menu. The other options are disabled... so basically, this is a FAT HUGE BUG.

because... it just logged me off.

I'm so angry, my blood is boiling... *lol*

• User profile image
    spivonious

turrican said:
    Sven Groot said:
    *snip*

I'm afraid that nothing is wrong with my system. I am logged in as a non-admin user so I only have "Log off" and "Switch user" enabled in the start menu. The other options are disabled... so basically, this is a FAT HUGE BUG.

because... it just logged me off.

I'm so angry, my blood is boiling... *lol*

Ctrl-S is your friend Smiley

• User profile image
    turrican

spivonious said:
    turrican said:
    *snip*

Ctrl-S is your friend Smiley

Well, I was in a remote desktop window and developing Silverlight, I hit ALT+F4 to close the running IE. Ctrl-S would have not been my friend in this case. :/

• User profile image
    PaoloM

turrican said:
    spivonious said:
    *snip*

Well, I was in a remote desktop window and developing Silverlight, I hit ALT+F4 to close the running IE. Ctrl-S would have not been my friend in this case. :/

So you close the remote desktop window.

Yay for intellectual honesty! Sad

• User profile image
    turrican

PaoloM said:
    turrican said:
    *snip*

So you close the remote desktop window.

Yay for intellectual honesty! Sad

No no no!!!

I was working on the Remote Desktop window... in my "physical" machine. and several other stuff running in the physical machine. So I hit ALT+F4 on the RDP window ( not full screen ) to close IE inside it...

...but somehow taskbar of my physical machine was activated... and it logged me off! from my physical machine that is... EVERYTHING went bam in a sec and no questions or anything.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

turrican said:
    PaoloM said:
    *snip*

No no no!!!

I was working on the Remote Desktop window... in my "physical" machine. and several other stuff running in the physical machine. So I hit ALT+F4 on the RDP window ( not full screen ) to close IE inside it...

...but somehow taskbar of my physical machine was activated... and it logged me off! from my physical machine that is... EVERYTHING went bam in a sec and no questions or anything.

That doesn't happen. I just tried on a number of systems and all of them presented the Logoff/Shutdown dialog.

What could have happened is a crash in explorer that also killed some services.

• User profile image
    kettch

PaoloM said:
    turrican said:
    *snip*

That doesn't happen. I just tried on a number of systems and all of them presented the Logoff/Shutdown dialog.

Even if you get past the Logoff dialog, chances are that one of the applications is going to throw some kind of dialog box or not close right away. When that happens Windows gives you a list of applications that aren't ready to logoff or shutdown.

• User profile image
    turrican

PaoloM said:
    turrican said:
    *snip*

No crash. Log off.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

Oh my kittens, imagine the shock Smiley

• User profile image
    TheGnu

turrican said:
    PaoloM said:
    *snip*

No crash. Log off.

Well, I think the answer might just be recreate the bug and send it to MS saying exactly what you did, screen shots log files and all. Then maybe MS can determine what's wrong or what bit of malware you've got. Losing it here isn't gonna help.

• User profile image
    turrican

TheGnu said:
    turrican said:
    *snip*

Well, I think the answer might just be recreate the bug and send it to MS saying exactly what you did, screen shots log files and all. Then maybe MS can determine what's wrong or what bit of malware you've got. Losing it here isn't gonna help.

Too lazy to bug report it, meh...

Malware? lolz... right. =)

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.