Coffeehouse Post

Single Post Permalink

View Thread: UK Developer Jobs
  • User profile image
    Lee_Dale

W3bbo said:
    Simo said:
    *snip*

£800 a day for writing C#? It counfounds the mind. I've long been considering working in that sector for a while if I didn't make the grade for doing a PhD, and this just makes the propostion all the more attractive.

Question: what counts as "experience"? I've been writing .NET code since late-2004 and developed a number of commerical applications, does that mean I can claim to having over 5 years' experience in the platform? Or does only proper full-time employment count?

I very much doubt anyone will get near £800 a day unless in a niche financial sector.  Typically C# development is between £250 and £400 a day in London.  I'm doing SharePoint stuff at the moment and towards the upper end of the pay for that type of development and thats around £550 a day. 

Also £500 a day for doing Excel + VBA? I very much doubt it.  That may be what consultancies and recruitment agencies are charging but I very much doubt it reflects what the dev is getting paid. I've been contracting for over 5 years and never seen rates like that even before the recession hit.