Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

outlook 2010 question

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

is there a way to to put send and recive on main UI window?

i checked "Quick Steps" but it doesnt seem to allow you to add Send & Recieve

I find it funny that i actually wanted the ribbon for outlook - and now that its here - i HATE it

Is it possible - to put send and recieve on the main first tab of office 2010 outlook

....without clicking 3 times- to get there. 

(once to wake up non-used app)  (once to click send and recieve)  OOOOPS!  now you gotta change tabs?

wtf??????????

how did this get through beta testing

S&R= 2 clciks - waked up/do it

not - 1 - wake up - 2 tab send - 3 - send and recieve

stuff like this drives me crazy ( dont worry - im just listinin' to new eminem Wink

• User profile image
    jamie

- i did like that this was the first Outlook to open with all settings of old one in it,

that was cool.

at least for me Wink

edit:  what... i feel guilty when i complain too much! Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Send/Receive is already in the main UI (though I admit it's a bit hard to spot at first). It's in the quick access toolbar, in the title bar next to the Outlook icon (in the top left corner).

EDIT: All ribbon apps have a quick access toolbar, and you can customize it too, so pretty much anything you want can be available in one click.

• User profile image
    jamie

Sven Groot said:

Send/Receive is already in the main UI (though I admit it's a bit hard to spot at first). It's in the quick access toolbar, in the title bar next to the Outlook icon (in the top left corner).

EDIT: All ribbon apps have a quick access toolbar, and you can customize it too, so pretty much anything you want can be available in one click.

lol - so top icon in window of app - is send and recieve

great .... well ...  ok i guess  - better than what i thought

* i had the greatest post - all about sven and blowdart controling c9 posts by use of fear - but i lost all 6 paragraphs of it...

quakelive: kick user?

j

edit:  one's a Fact Checker the other is a _____  _______

( ms is paying us all to fight - dont worry)

• User profile image
    Clint

One question is what is the percentage of people that use it actively connected to exchange.  At work I never have to hit send / receive.  At home for my POP3 account, I do maybe once and a while but typically just like the timer poll and let the new spam come in.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

jamie said:
    Sven Groot said:
    *snip*

* i had the greatest post - all about sven and blowdart controling c9 posts by use of fear - but i lost all 6 paragraphs of it...

j

all about sven and blowdart controling c9 posts by use of fear

The hell? I answered your question didn't I? Is that a crime nowadays.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

jamie said:
    Sven Groot said:
    *snip*

j

As usual, I have no idea what you're talking about. By the way, this is also the reason why your posts are becoming less and less interesting...

• User profile image
    blowdart

Sven Groot said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

The hell? I answered your question didn't I? Is that a crime nowadays.

Apparently pointing out when someone wrong is, yes. So call me a criminal mastermind when it comes to some of Jamie's posts Big Smile

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.