Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Where are the founts in VS2010?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    magicalclick

Is this only apply to Express C# 2010? My fonts Wingdings 3 no longer exists.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Clint

sure you clicked/scrolled far enough down?  Option for me.

Check MS Word to see if it can see the font or %SystemRoot%\fonts

• User profile image
    magicalclick

Clint said:

sure you clicked/scrolled far enough down?  Option for me.

Check MS Word to see if it can see the font or %SystemRoot%\fonts

I have the font on Express 2008 and my Word 2010 Beta. But, I don't have the font on Express 2010. You know.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    blowdart

They're next to the water gardens. Hahaha. Sorry.

• User profile image
    Dexter

magicalclick said:
    Clint said:
    *snip*

I have the font on Express 2008 and my Word 2010 Beta. But, I don't have the font on Express 2010. You know.

Those are bitmap fonts, they don't work with WPF. Why would you need Wingdings in VS anyway?!

• User profile image
    magicalclick

Dexter said:
    magicalclick said:
    *snip*

Those are bitmap fonts, they don't work with WPF. Why would you need Wingdings in VS anyway?!

It was working on Express C# 2008 and WPF 3.0. I am using those because I want arrows and the Wingdings 3 has some good looking arrows.

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Dexter said:
    magicalclick said:
    *snip*

Not true.  All three variants of Wingdings are TrueType outline fonts; they should work fine in WPF.

• User profile image
    Clint

magicalclick said:
    Clint said:
    *snip*

Check the font in system32.  put "%SystemRoot%\fonts" in the run prompt.

Character Map has arrows for Arial 

• User profile image
    magicalclick

Clint said:
    magicalclick said:
    *snip*

Check the font in system32.  put "%SystemRoot%\fonts" in the run prompt.

Character Map has arrows for Arial 

Yeah, it is there. Like I said, I have it on my Word and Express C# 2008. I just don't have it on Express C# 2010.

Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.