Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

Ok , Windows Live Essential : Wave 4, Microsoft is ready TODAY!!!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Dovella

Generic Forum Image

Windows Live Essentials beta requires Windows Vista or Windows 7, and is available in English, French, Dutch, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, or Spanish.  As soon as the beta goes live Today(we’ll update this blog post when it does), you'll be able to get it from here.

------------------

Microsoft Seattle   Starts now your server !!!! We re ready to download Big Smile

• User profile image
    CKurt
  • User profile image
    wkempf

CKurt said:

Sorry, though I don't care for Dovella's "rah rah Microsoft" tone, I think his post is very on topic and I appreciated it here.

Edit: That is, I would appreciate it if the link worked. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    CKurt

wkempf said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*

Sorry, though I don't care for Dovella's "rah rah Microsoft" tone, I think his post is very on topic and I appreciated it here.

Edit: That is, I would appreciate it if the link worked. Tongue Out

I know his post is right. But anyone following Windows Live a bit (Inside Windows Live Blog) or LiveSide.net probabbly allready know. That is my point, he only 'reports' news but never gives any own insights. 

PS: the link does not work yet because the beta is not available yet. I wish microsoft would not say 'Thursday 24th' because of the timezones that is like Friday 25th for most of the people in the world. It's allready 17.30 here...

• User profile image
    exoteric

Thanks for the info, Dovella!

• User profile image
    Dovella

CKurt said:
    wkempf said:
    *snip*

I know his post is right. But anyone following Windows Live a bit (Inside Windows Live Blog) or LiveSide.net probabbly allready know. That is my point, he only 'reports' news but never gives any own insights. 

PS: the link does not work yet because the beta is not available yet. I wish microsoft would not say 'Thursday 24th' because of the timezones that is like Friday 25th for most of the people in the world. It's allready 17.30 here...

Im agree.

MS . Pls Stand up you server PLS!!!

• User profile image
    magicalclick

CKurt said:

wrong link. 

fixed

http://liveside.net/

Tongue Out

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    CKurt

magicalclick said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*

wrong link. 

fixed

http://liveside.net/

Tongue Out

Wel indeed, but I just wanted to add a shameless plug Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Dovella

OK is out but i have a problem with windows 7 x64

Nome evento problema: BEX
      Nome applicazione: wlsetup-webd (3).exe
      Versione applicazione: 15.3.2804.607
      Timestamp applicazione: 4c0d8573
      Nome modulo con errori: wlsetup-webd (3).exe
      Versione modulo con errori: 15.3.2804.607
      Timestamp modulo con errori: 4c0d8573
      Offset eccezione: 000cde46
      Codice eccezione: c0000409
      Dati eccezione: 00000000
      Versione SO: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
      ID impostazioni locali: 1033
      Informazioni aggiuntive 1: c796
      Ulteriori informazioni 2: c796f94dce9c054851b200dd133ca72f
      Ulteriori informazioni 3: c409
      Ulteriori informazioni 4: c409517030de3eabe1ae18ced0b5d143
    Leggere l'informativa sulla privacy online:
    Se l'informativa sulla privacy online non è disponibile, leggere quella offline:
      C:\Windows\system32\it-IT\erofflps.txt

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0410

Se l'informativa sulla privacy online non è disponibile, leggere quella offline:

• User profile image
    blowdart

Dovella said:

OK is out but i have a problem with windows 7 x64

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0410

Did they release an italian version?

• User profile image
    Dovella

blowdart said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*

Did they release an italian version?

er not. 

problem is solved with

try again try again and try again setup Smiley

• User profile image
    magicalclick

I tried it and it forze on my most important mail. Messenger forze as well, but, I am not using it anyway. Gallery = Crap Crying . They abused Ribbon too much. Sigh, I think I need to find a distributable copy of Wave3. I can't say much about mail because it froze. Mail is my most important app, I hope they don't screw it up.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    andokai

Has anyone been able to chat to Facebook friends on it or even see their status?

I can only send the Facebook equivalent to email and the status only changes if I have the same contact in Messenger and they are signed into it.

Anyone had a different experience?

As for what I think of the whole thing. The fonts in the Social part of Messenger are too large and render poorly. It would be nice to have a choice to change the font sizes, or even the font.

Also disappointing is that Photo Gallery still does not support the raw photos my Sony DSLR takes. It keeps telling me to download a driver that I have already installed. The driver works for Windows itself but not for Photo Library. Perhaps it's not their fault but I imagine it's in their interests to be compatible with all the major raw formats.

Actually does anyone know the correct channel to send feedback for this Beta?

• User profile image
    CKurt

andokai said:

Has anyone been able to chat to Facebook friends on it or even see their status?

I can only send the Facebook equivalent to email and the status only changes if I have the same contact in Messenger and they are signed into it.

Anyone had a different experience?

As for what I think of the whole thing. The fonts in the Social part of Messenger are too large and render poorly. It would be nice to have a choice to change the font sizes, or even the font.

Also disappointing is that Photo Gallery still does not support the raw photos my Sony DSLR takes. It keeps telling me to download a driver that I have already installed. The driver works for Windows itself but not for Photo Library. Perhaps it's not their fault but I imagine it's in their interests to be compatible with all the major raw formats.

Actually does anyone know the correct channel to send feedback for this Beta?

Facebook chat is not working yet in this bèta. It was not reliable enough (afaik).

Is automatic contact de-duplication NOT WORKING for anybody else ? I have multiple same contacts altough they do have the same e-mail adres...

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

CKurt said:
    andokai said:
    *snip*

Facebook chat is not working yet in this bèta. It was not reliable enough (afaik).

Is automatic contact de-duplication NOT WORKING for anybody else ? I have multiple same contacts altough they do have the same e-mail adres...

re. Contact de-duplication - try disconnecting and reconnecting your FB and WL profiles

http://www.liveside.net/main/archive/2010/06/25/windows-live-wave-4-a-note-about-connecting-twitter-facebook-and-linkedin.aspx

Overall I've been impressed with the new products. I'm glad we have the ability to turn off all the social stuff in messenger (switch to "compact view".

Mail, at least, seems to be a real beta - i.e. I'm hitting bugs:

• Last night, when I first installed it, it kept throwing up a .net 4 error (although that may be related to a .net 4 update that had just come through WU and was awaiting a restart)
    • Performance feels EXTREMELY slow and laggy when navigating my mail and opening/creating messages
    • I had an email that the "not junk" button would randomly refuse to move to the inbox

But I'm still overall impressed with what I've used of this release so far Smiley

Good work guys

EDIT: And I forgot to mention, the installer failed the first time around and reverted all its changes, but worked fine the second time.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

GoddersUK said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*

re. Contact de-duplication - try disconnecting and reconnecting your FB and WL profiles

http://www.liveside.net/main/archive/2010/06/25/windows-live-wave-4-a-note-about-connecting-twitter-facebook-and-linkedin.aspx

Overall I've been impressed with the new products. I'm glad we have the ability to turn off all the social stuff in messenger (switch to "compact view".

• Last night, when I first installed it, it kept throwing up a .net 4 error (although that may be related to a .net 4 update that had just come through WU and was awaiting a restart)
    • Performance feels EXTREMELY slow and laggy when navigating my mail and opening/creating messages
    • I had an email that the "not junk" button would randomly refuse to move to the inbox

But I'm still overall impressed with what I've used of this release so far Smiley

Good work guys

EDIT: And I forgot to mention, the installer failed the first time around and reverted all its changes, but worked fine the second time.

And which idiot decided to go ahead and install the Bing toolbar into IE and FF without asking me first? Seriously: DO NOT WANT. If people want the bing toolbar they're perfectly capable of getting it themselves.

EDIT: And, to make matter worse, you can't even uninstall it from the  FF plugin manager - only disable it. To uninstall it I have to go to Programs and Features. Anyone would think you're trying to make this difficult for me.

• User profile image
    CKurt

GoddersUK said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*

Good work guys

Aha! I'll try adding Facebook again. I also tought it might have something to do with the fact I'm not on the new hotmail and contacts web interface yet.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

GoddersUK said:
    GoddersUK said:
    *snip*

And which idiot decided to go ahead and install the Bing toolbar into IE and FF without asking me first? Seriously: DO NOT WANT. If people want the bing toolbar they're perfectly capable of getting it themselves.

EDIT: And, to make matter worse, you can't even uninstall it from the  FF plugin manager - only disable it. To uninstall it I have to go to Programs and Features. Anyone would think you're trying to make this difficult for me.

There's a separate installer that allows you to select what you want (so you can uncheck the Bing toolbar). Yes, this is not communicated properly. It was only after I'd begun the automatic (non-customizable installer) that I realized this was the case, so I cancelled that install, downloaded the alternate installer, and then installed it using that.

I don't know who thought that was a better idea than a choice between default and custom install in the installer itself, but they were wrong.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.