Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Bye bye Adam, bye bye

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    blowdart

I don't think I even got over to wave at him once I arrived and now he's gone.

http://adamkinney.com/blog/2010/06/24/my-last-day-at-microsoft/

• User profile image
    Bass

I apologize for possibly being rude, but who is Adam?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Bass said:

I apologize for possibly being rude, but who is Adam?

I remember when Adam Kinney was added to Jeff's team in 2005, working on C9's codebase as a designer-of-sorts, he then got transfered to Microsoft's general web-design division, he designed the first revision of the Vista gadgets site (during design of that site, he borrowed my Photoshop skillz for a minor task, my little claim to fame there) in 2006. He then stopped logging on to Messenger on a regular basis around 2007, I haven't spoken to him much since.

EDIT: ah, I see the page Blowdart linked to lists his portfolio of Microsoft properties.

Now let's speculate on the reasons he left! Big Smile

• User profile image
    CKurt

W3bbo said:
    Bass said:
    *snip*

I remember when Adam Kinney was added to Jeff's team in 2005, working on C9's codebase as a designer-of-sorts, he then got transfered to Microsoft's general web-design division, he designed the first revision of the Vista gadgets site (during design of that site, he borrowed my Photoshop skillz for a minor task, my little claim to fame there) in 2006. He then stopped logging on to Messenger on a regular basis around 2007, I haven't spoken to him much since.

EDIT: ah, I see the page Blowdart linked to lists his portfolio of Microsoft properties.

Now let's speculate on the reasons he left! Big Smile

He must have left because Courier got cancelled Wink

Anyway Adam, good luck at your next challenge !

• User profile image
    vesuvius

I think he will consult, just like Bea Costa and Kevin Moore (who incidentally is working with Robby Ingerbretsen) - all ex WPF people.

The big shock for me was Brad Abrahms a month or so ago, I wish there was an edition of news like the spectator, we need to know why. That guy had future General Manager (maybe VP) written all over him. Thing is he was quite young, and probably got impatient.

• User profile image
    kettch

vesuvius said:

I think he will consult, just like Bea Costa and Kevin Moore (who incidentally is working with Robby Ingerbretsen) - all ex WPF people.

The big shock for me was Brad Abrahms a month or so ago, I wish there was an edition of news like the spectator, we need to know why. That guy had future General Manager (maybe VP) written all over him. Thing is he was quite young, and probably got impatient.

The nice thing about having a longish career working in a number of different areas is that after a while it stops being about the job and the money. You get to take a step back and pick something that will be interesting. Like you say, he might consult and eschew the whole 9-to-5 thing for a while.

Have fun Adam!

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Bye, Adam -- or will you be back as a 'regular' 9er?  You can safely start threads complaining about the site performance now Tongue Out

Herbie

• User profile image
    spivonious

Too bad. I liked the Continuum show.

• User profile image
    Ian2

spivonious said:

Too bad. I liked the Continuum show.

When Adam came over he gave out some of the biggest mugs (Expression Blend) you've ever seen.  I was trying to think up a link around this but failed miserably.  (OK, maybe he is a big mug for leaving MS?)

Hope things go well.

• User profile image
    Evok

maybe he's leaving to join mel sempat to work on cupidtino, lol

• User profile image
    Charles

Take care, Adam, It's been great working with you. Thanks for your great contributions to C9 and Microsoft.

Please do stick around C9 and share knowledge with your fellow Niners as time permits. You were a Niner well before you joined Microsoft. You should continue to be post Microsoft, too.

Keep on posting,

C

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

Charles said:

Take care, Adam, It's been great working with you. Thanks for your great contributions to C9 and Microsoft.

Please do stick around C9 and share knowledge with your fellow Niners as time permits. You were a Niner well before you joined Microsoft. You should continue to be post Microsoft, too.

Keep on posting,

C

And in a bizarre twist of fate someone's recently gone through his profile spamming all his posts....

• User profile image
    Charles

GoddersUK said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*

And in a bizarre twist of fate someone's recently gone through his profile spamming all his posts....

Sad. I'll take care of it...
    C

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

Charles said:
    GoddersUK said:
    *snip*

Sad. I'll take care of it...
    C

If it speeds things up to have a hyperlinked list, I've listed a lot of the spammers in the thread in the feedback forum. I sorted spammers from real people until about page 8 on his profile.

http://channel9.msdn.com/forums/Feedback/478107-Spam-Comment/?CommentID=558145 

• User profile image
    Charles

GoddersUK said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*

If it speeds things up to have a hyperlinked list, I've listed a lot of the spammers in the thread in the feedback forum. I sorted spammers from real people until about page 8 on his profile.

http://channel9.msdn.com/forums/Feedback/478107-Spam-Comment/?CommentID=558145 

Thank you. This is very helpful and appreciated.

C

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.