Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Shot and Edited on the iPhone 4

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    sysrpl

Here is a short video shot and edited on the iPhone 4. Make sure you set the quality to HD 720p. More fuel for Apple fans...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6amrKRmI1bI

And here is the behind the scenes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmjK_yt7um4

• User profile image
    AndyC

"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should"

Number of times I've wished I could edit video on my phone? Precisely none.

• User profile image
    Bass

Pretty good work.

Posted from my iPhone.

• User profile image
    wkempf

AndyC said:

"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should"

Being able to do quick edits of video you just shot with the phone before sending it to someone could be convenient. We're talking simple cuts, maybe a transition or two if your crazy, and adding audio. Full studio production editing like was done in this example... yeah, you can do it, but WHY!?!!?????

I do have to say, though, I was impressed with the quality of the video and the edits of this sample. Way more than you should be doing with a phone, but still impressive to know that you can.

• User profile image
    Ray7

AndyC said:

Well, from a practical point of view it's pretty much useless.

But from a demo point of view it well get people thinking, 'Jeez. What can't this phone do?'

• User profile image
    Dovella

Generic Forum Image

My iPhone 4 is a lemon, oh my! 

@Microsoft

Save me with WP7 Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

wkempf said:
    AndyC said:
    *snip*

Being able to do quick edits of video you just shot with the phone before sending it to someone could be convenient. We're talking simple cuts, maybe a transition or two if your crazy, and adding audio. Full studio production editing like was done in this example... yeah, you can do it, but WHY!?!!?????

I do have to say, though, I was impressed with the quality of the video and the edits of this sample. Way more than you should be doing with a phone, but still impressive to know that you can.

I imagine the iPhone's OS uses the same media-processing platform/framework as desktop OS X (they both use the same kernel, that's for sure) so it would be trivial for Apple to implement basic (but effective) video editing on the handheld itself, they just need to implement a UI for it.

• User profile image
    blowdart

W3bbo said:
    wkempf said:
    *snip*

I imagine the iPhone's OS uses the same media-processing platform/framework as desktop OS X (they both use the same kernel, that's for sure) so it would be trivial for Apple to implement basic (but effective) video editing on the handheld itself, they just need to implement a UI for it.

Plus when you can't make phone calls what else are you going to do with your time?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.