Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Scam Revealed Deleted Thread?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    sysrpl

I posted a thread yesterday about the rip off site QuiBids.com. Shortly after a QuiBids employee chimed in, the thread was deleted. I am okay with this, as long as the thread was removed for violating a channel9 policy.

I am not okay if it was removed to complaints from someone representing, or claiming to represent QuiBids.

Deleted post:

http://channel9.msdn.com/forums/Coffeehouse/558636-Biggest-Rip-Off-on-the-Internet/

• User profile image
    Charles

It was never deleted.

We're not the droids you're looking for....

C

• User profile image
    blowdart

Charles said:

It was never deleted.

We're not the droids you're looking for....

C

I locked it, until Charles could have a look over it to see if there was any exposure (keep in mind I look at things from a UK POV, where the laws are a bit harsher). When a thread gets locked it drops off the front page - it was still there, you could click the link.

And Charles has had a look and lo, it returns.

So my fault, my paranoia is still turned to the UK.

• User profile image
    sysrpl

blowdart said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*

I locked it, until Charles could have a look over it to see if there was any exposure (keep in mind I look at things from a UK POV, where the laws are a bit harsher). When a thread gets locked it drops off the front page - it was still there, you could click the link.

Okay, that's all cool. I just thought maybe "Jill" or one of her cohorts had contacted someone at MS.

• User profile image
    Minh

blowdart said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*

Blowdart, you need to quit playing lawyer.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Minh said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

Blowdart, you need to quit playing lawyer.

Or you'll sue? Big Smile

• User profile image
    PaoloM

blowdart said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*

Or you'll sue? Big Smile

On the other hand, someone from the company showed up to offer some explanation and was called a troll and treated like an idiot.

Whatever the issue was, sysrpl behaved like a moron. Good showing, man, way to keep the Channel 9 name up! Mad

• User profile image
    Charles

PaoloM said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

On the other hand, someone from the company showed up to offer some explanation and was called a troll and treated like an idiot.

Whatever the issue was, sysrpl behaved like a moron. Good showing, man, way to keep the Channel 9 name up! Mad

Agreed.

C

• User profile image
    Minh

PaoloM said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

At best, that site is gambling. And will be legislated out of existence.

• User profile image
    Minh

blowdart said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*

Or you'll sue? Big Smile

...or I'll play Judge, Jury, and EXECUTIONER! >Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.